(End of Part I) Start Of A New Beginning

•••••Quick tiny A/N: This chapter will be especially long since it's the end of Part I of this book! It might take a bit of time to get the beginning of Part II up but stay tuned and it will eventually be up

•••••
Quick tiny A/N: This chapter will be especially long since it's the end of Part I of this book! It might take a bit of time to get the beginning of Part II up but stay tuned and it will eventually be up. Hope you all like this one, it's my favorite 🕷🕸📷
-XOXO

•••••
Friday, 28th of October
1 Day(s) Until Party
3:36pm

    Madeline Osborn huffs out a frustrated sigh, one that momentarily lifts the front piece of hair that hangs down from her view. She looks away from the clock that hangs on her kitchen wall, not wanting to see the hand that ticks away at every second. Time seems to be slowing down at a sloths' speed. The girl was tired of waiting, tired of looking at her phone for a text, and tired of being anxious.

Madeline jumps up onto her kitchen counter, swinging her legs out in front of her as she grabs an apple nearby. She takes a bite, trying to occupy herself and resist the urge to look at the clock. Her finger nails hit against on the back of her phone in a random fashion, creating a tapping noise that drowns out the clicking of the clock.

She—once again—opens her phone to see nothing but her default blue ombré lock screen. No notifications. No texts. The disappointed girl sighs through her nose, swallowing down her snack as she opens up Peter's contact and starts writing,

Maddie Osborn 😊:
Hey! School let out about 20 min. ago, u you almost here? It's pretty clear out, not like yesterday. Probably means more people are out walking. Is that why u haven't come by yet? Traffic might be a bit busy too.
>>>>>Send?

Madeline shakes the thoughts out of her head and immediately deletes what she was about to send: a long paragraph of nothing but sounding like a paranoid girlfriend. She knows her mind is getting to her, picking out all these little things that are making her worry like hell.

She just doesn't get it, the two are just going out on the town, so why is she getting antsy all of a sudden? Madeline isn't the type to get antsy, she usually plays things out calmly and collectively. But ever since yesterday, she suddenly became fairly nervous of how she talked to Peter; even when they were texting.