You Didn't See That Coming?

AN// ^^ I made a crappy little "Spider-Hoodie" edit that inspired today's chapter, hope you all will enjoy this one!

••••••

   "Okay, you got this. Just make a decision already," Peter glances in between the two bouquets of flowers in both hands, trying to choose which one to buy for Madeline with what little money he has left. He can't decide wether she would like red roses or orange tulips, but he knows he wants to get her something for when he asks her to the party tomorrow.

Peter looks around to see that the store is mostly empty, it's just himself and the very bored-looking cashier.

"What am I doing," he whispers to himself and types in his own phone number in Ned's phone. A few rings fly by as Peter taps his foot anxiously on the tiled floor,
"Please be done with the recording, please be done with—"

"—Yeah Pete?" His best friend picks up the phone.
"Oh thank God," he mumbles with a relieved sigh, "quick, I need your advice. Should I get a bouquet of orange tulips or roses?" He presses the phone to his shoulder as he fumbles with the two flowers and the bag of groceries.

"Wait, You're actually going through with the marriage proposal?"
"Wha—No, no, I'm getting something for when I ask her to the party, Ned." Peter cringes as he shakes his head in annoyance. If he keeps bringing that up, I swear..

"—Why are you getting a bouquet of flowers? That's a bit much if you ask me."

Peter sighs in his mouth, completely confused on what to do in this situation. He's never gotten anyone something like this just because, but he voluntarily wants to make a good impression for his new girlfriend. Peter puts down both of the bunches of flowers back on their shelves,
"Alright fine, what do you suggest," he asks.

"Just get her something small, like a single rose instead of a bouquet."

Peter looks at the display of flowers and tries to find the item his friend suggested, "Single rose, single rose.." His eyes land on a bucket filled with single red roses, all individually wrapped with clear plastic and twine, "Got it. Ned, your a lifesaver—" but before he could pick one up for himself, he hears a metal clang hit on the floor behind him.

Peter immediately feels a sense of adrenaline and a chill go through his body, a sense of incoming danger.

Finding the source of the sound, he puts down his bag of food carefully and ducks to his knees on the floor. Peter sees a pair of big clomping shoes pound the tile, almost shaking the entire store. He spots the object that slammed on the ground, a black duffel bag filled with guns peeping out of the side.

Peter's eyes go wide in realization that a crime is going down right here in the store. The clicking of a shotgun startles the teen as he hears a booming man's voice, "Open the register, give me all you got—hurry up!"