Life Never Felt So Right

*EDITED: 6/13*

••••••

••••••

"You're father has arrived home. Should I inform him that he has a guest?"

Peter's eyes widen in fear, as does Maddie's when they look at each other at the same time.
"No, don't—!" She commands to the ceiling as she quickly scrambles to her feet.

She throws the blanket off of her body and Peter gets up from the couch in haste. Oh joy, he thinks when he hears a pair of keys jingling from down the hall.

"Crap, crap—my Dad can't find you here, Peter, he'll kill me—" The girl lowers her voice down to a whisper as she looks to her open bedroom door that leads down to the hallway. Peter watches as she hurriedly closes it oh-so softly so no noise bounces off the walls.

"—Kill you? He's gonna throw me off the balcony," Peter says with full of worry. He imagines her father throwing him out the window only to go splat on the concrete floor; a cartoon image that he only hopes doesn't happen.

"Okay. . Um, you're going to have to go down the way you came. The front door isn't an option—"

"—Mads?" Her father calls, his voice booming throughout the apartment, "I'm home, brought some chow from Ricky's if you're hungry?"

Peter quickly throws the towel and blanket off of his shoulders. He grabs his backpack and still-wet clothes, trying to shimmy his jacket on. Madeline stutters out from where she stands and calls out to her dad, "Okay, I'll be out in a second!"

"I also got a copy of the new Star Wars movie, I was actually thinking maybe we can watch it and eat together like we used to?"

Peter looks up at the closed bedroom door from hearing his favorite franchise mentioned. He saw the new movie with Ned about a month ago and he personally thought that it was amazing.