Chapter One

DARK

Walking through the streets I wanted nothing more than to let my pent up anger out on some unwilling victim. Anti knew how to push all my buttons and tonight he'd pushed me past the breaking point, I loved him but had to get out of the house before I straight up murdered him in cold blood.

Finding my way into a rather nice neighbourhood I take note that all the lights were off in the houses indicating the humans were either sleeping or out. But one house in the corner had all its lights on which caught my curiosity.

Using the shadows to keep myself hidden I edge up to the house and peek in through the living room window only to be met by a bloody scene. A woman lay face down on the carpet a bullet wound in the back of her head and a small pool of blood slowly forming around her head.

The window was slightly ajar so the familiar metallic scent hit my nose pretty strong, she'd only been killed in the last five minutes or so. I go to back away, not liking to involve myself in human drama when a small human child runs into the living room tears streaking down her face.

"Mummy...wake up mummy..."

The small girl crouches by the body of her mum and starts to shake her, getting blood on her hands and body in the process.

"YOU'RE NEXT RUNT!"

A tall man enters the room holding a gun, he points it at the little girl who turns and tries to shield her mum's body. Was this a robbery gone wrong?

"Daddy...why?"

The man doesn't even blink twice before pulling the trigger, but the gun jams and the little girl takes the chance to make a mad dash into the hallway screaming bloody murder.

"GET BACK HERE! YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING IF YOU CAN'T SEE OR SPEAK Y/N! I TOLD YOUR MOTHER SHE SHOULD HAVE GOT AN ABORTION!"

The man yells and chases after the girl, and a few seconds later he drags her back into the living room and pulls out a knife. I may be a demon who kills without hesitation, but even I drew the line at murdering innocent children.

Barging through the front door, I enter the living room to see the little girl pinned against the wall with a large gash across her throat while the dad brings the knife up to her right eye and wedges it in nice and deep making the little girl howl in pain.

"Get the fuck off her you sicko."

I rip the man off the girl who falls to the floor clutching both her eye and throat. He lunges towards me with the knife his breath reeking of alcohol, but I dodge every attack being one step ahead of him the whole time.

Grappling the knife away from him I take the opportunity to stab him in the chest multiple times, too many to count in my frenzied rage. I wanted him to die for all the pain he'd caused.

I let the body crumple to the floor and wipe my fingerprints off the knife before placing it on top of his slowly dying body.

Crouching down in front of the little girl it looked like she was in a pretty bad way, it was hard to tell which blood was hers or her mums because she was pretty much covered in it at this point.

"Come on kid I'm going to get you help. Trust me."

She nods and I scoop her up in my arms just as sirens blare in front of the house. Shielding her against my chest I teleport us both out of the house, no way was I ever letting this little girl out of my sight.