Chapter Four

Y/N

You open your eyes, or at least you try to. Your left eye opens while your right eye feels glued together sending you into panic mode. You were surrounded by darkness lying on a very comfortable surface with a blanket covering your lower half.

"Oh, you're awake y/n. Here let me turn the light on."

An unfamiliar male voice which didn't belong to your father or any male relatives or friends you'd met enters the darkness, and a few seconds late light pierces the darkness making your flinch and close your eye.

"You're safe now y/n, oh crap your eyes are probably sensitive to light. Here let me fix that."

The harsh light fades behind your eyelid and slowly you open your eye again still scared as to why your right eye was still dark. A bedside light had been turned on casting a low glow around the room. You were in a bedroom, a bedroom which wasn't yours.

"Where...am I?" you croak, your throat feeling dry and a stabbing pain suddenly erupts across your neck making you flinch backwards and tears stream down your cheeks.

"Try not to speak y/n, here have some water. Do you remember what happened?"

A hand comes out of the dim light and hands you a glass of water, the male keeping the rest of his body hidden in shadows. Why was he hiding from you?

You shake your head but happily drink the water, though your throat still throbbed.

"Here don't speak, have some paper and write down what you remember y/n?"

The hand reappears handing you some paper and a pen, luckily you knew how to write even if you didn't know too much because of your age.

My eye won't open Mr

"Your dad hurt you badly y/n, he slit your throat and stabbed your right eye. To stop infection your eye had to be cut out which is why you can't see. I'm so sorry this happened to you y/n?"

Memories come flooding back, your dad was mad and hurt your mum who didn't wake up when you shook her on the floor.

Mummy not wake up Mr

"She's dead y/n as is your dad. But you're safe now. Please call me Anti, Mr sounds too formal."

You giggle and continue to scribble on the paper.

Did you save me Anti?

"My boyfriend saved you y/n."

Can I see you?

"I don't want to scare you y/n, I'm not normal looking."

You tilt your head to the side, you weren't exactly normal looking either now were you.

Pretty please, we can be not normal together

The figure sighs loudly and you watch with baited breath as he emerges from the shadows. You cover your mouth with your hand as you take him in. He had green hair, a scar across his throat, but what caught your attention was his one black eye which had a vibrant green pupil.

I like your hair Anti

He chuckles, "you're one of a kind y/n. Do you want to meet my boyfriend Dark, the one who saved you from the bad guy?"

You nod and reach up towards him making grabbing motions with your hands. He picks you up along with your pen and paper and carries you out of the bedroom. Still feeling slightly tired you snuggle into Anti, glancing up and frowning when you see the tips of his ears are pointed, unlike any human you'd ever seen.

"Look who's awake Dark."

Anti carries you into what looks like a lounge area where another man was sat reading a book on a sofa. However once Anti enters the man puts the book down and stands up before turning to face us. His skin had a more grey tone to it but it wasn't scary.

"Hi little one, how are you feeling?"

Anti hands you the pen and paper and you start to scribble.

"It hurts for her to speak so I thought the paper was good."

You turn the paper to face Dark.

My eye and throat hurt...

"You'll feel better soon y/n. Do you want to stay with us?"

Do you mean that? Will you keep me safe?

Dark smiles, "of course you can stay here. We'll keep you safe y/n isn't that right Anti?"

Behind you Anti hugs you just a little tighter, "you're going to have a good life now y/n?"

Although Dark was reading a book the TV was on in the background and the news was currently playing. You recognised the house being shown on the screen and tug on Anti's arm before pointing at the screen.

"What's wrong y/n?"

Dark turns around and walks towards the TV while Anti follows after him, you bury your face into Anti's chest.

Dark curses loudly, "that's impossible, he should be dead."

Anti strokes your hair while Dark silently fumes in front of the TV.

ANTI

~2 Hours Later~

y/n was currently sleeping in my arms as Dark and I sat on the sofa our eyes glued to the TV screen as the newscaster continues the story about how y/n's dad had somehow survived Dark's vicious and savage attack and was recovering in hospital after surgery.

"What are we going to do babe? I don't want to lose y/n."

Dark sighs and glances down at the small child sleeping peacefully in my arms, "we won't lose her baby boy, we're so much better for her than that sick bastard."

He leans over and strokes y/n's hair making her stir slightly but she doesn't wake up and instead snuggles further into my arms. She'd become quite attached to me this past couple of hours though she did like Dark just as much as me. This was our little family and I'd be damned if someone was going to wreck it.