Chapter Eleven

FINAL CHAPTER

CHRISTMAS EVE

ANTI

"Uncle Wilford told me that Santa Claus isn't real daddy and that it's just you and dad putting presents under the tree faking Santa's signature on the little card."

I was going to slap Wilford when I next saw him for spoiling our first Christmas together. Plus now y/n didn't believe in Santa it was a lot harder to convince her to go to bed because she had no one to go to sleep for.

"Well, you have to go to sleep anyway y/n because it's late and daddy's tired. We have a big day tomorrow with everyone coming over."

Mentioning that everyone was coming over for Christmas day seems to do the trick because y/n stops jumping on her bed and crawls under the sheets. She had way too much energy just like me.

"Then what are you waiting for daddy, tuck me so that we can sleep and tomorrow comes quicker."

I tuck her in and switch on the night light by her bed, she wasn't afraid of the dark until the hunters came to the house so if it helped her sleep then Dark and I wouldn't intervene.

"Sleep tight y/n, don't let the bed bugs bite."

I lean over and kiss her softly on the forehead before leaving her room and closing the door behind me. Now I could finally get some sleep, Dark and I had drawn straws so I had to deal with our hyperactive daughter.

"You actually got her to go to sleep, wow I'm proud baby boy."

Dark was sat in bed reading like he always did as I enter the bedroom and shut the door. I crawl under the sheets and snuggle against his side.

"Wilford told y/n that Santa doesn't exist so she was all like why should I sleep if it makes no difference because we'll put presents under the tree."

Dark sniggers, "she has your energy and my blunt sass."

I roll my eyes and switch off the light on my bedside table prompting Dark to bookmark his book and turn off his light. All the egos, along with Jack and Mark were coming over tomorrow and we'd need all the energy we could muster to survive a family Christmas.

Dark wraps an arm around my waist and the two of us fall asleep in each other's arms.

CHRISTMAS DAY

DARK

"WAKE UP IT'S CHRISTMAS!" y/n squeals loudly, jumping on top of us before bursting into a fit of laughter.

Glancing at the clock I see that it was half seven in the morning which was the time we'd agreed on with y/n, who originally wanted to get up at five to open presents. Anti rolls over and places his pillow over his head grumbling something about five more minutes.

"Dad, make daddy get up."

I smirk and start tickling Anti which was his weakness. He yelps and jumps up nearly knocking y/n off the bed in the process.

"No, no tickles today...I'm up..."

y/n cheers and scrambles off the bed and runs out of the room with Sam trailing behind her. Anti scowls at me and I give him my best innocent look, I was only doing what our daughter asked me to do.

"You're too pretty to scowl baby boy, now let's get downstairs before y/n breaks something."

I squeeze his cheek playfully before throwing the bed sheets off me. We had a lot to do before everyone arrived for lunch.

"You're lucky I love you as much as I do Dark."

Anti rolls out of bed and stretches. He was grumpy in the mornings until he got coffee in him just like Jack, a trait he'd picked up from his human counterpart.

We head downstairs to find y/n waiting patiently by the tree, she hadn't opened any presents which was a miracle since she's been close to opening them last night if we hadn't caught her in the act.

"Good girl waiting for us before opening presents. I'm going to make daddy some coffee so he's less crabby y/n."

Anti shoves me making me howl with laughter before he joins y/n on the floor and pets Sam on the head. A year ago it was just the two of us, so we slept in and had a lazy day but now we had a kid and it all changed. Christmas actually seemed to be fun, although we discovered y/n's obsession with Halloween which made us two proud dads.

Y/N

After presents daddy helps you get dressed in a dress because he wanted you to look nice when the family came around. You were reading a book dad had gotten you called 'Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales' but it was the kid's edition so had a lot of pictures when you hear the front door open.

Dad and Daddy were in the kitchen getting food ready so you close the book and scramble off the sofa to greet our guests.

"Uncle Jack, Uncle Mark."

Jack and Mark take off their coats and shoes before Jack crouches down so you're able to run into his arms and get picked up.

"Well don't you look pretty y/n. Merry Christmas."

"Did Santa bring you lots of presents," Mark chimes in next to Jack, earning him an odd look off you as you shake your head.

"Uncle Wilford said Santa was a lie, but I did get presents."

Jack chuckles and carries me towards the kitchen with Mark trailing behind him looking like a kicked puppy.

"Dad, daddy look whose here."

"Hello Dark."

"Hello, Mark."

Mark and dad shake hands quite formally while Jack and daddy do the complete opposite and hug each other squishing me in between them.

"Good to see you again Anti."

"You to Jack."

You'd never understand these four and their strange relationship. Though Jack and Mark were now together, Jack telling you over Skype the other month because he couldn't contain his excitement. Now they could compete to see who has the best relationship.

"Did you bring me any presents Uncle Jack?"

Jack nods, "of course we did y/n. But you can't open them till everyone else is here."

You pout and Anti ruffles your hair, what you liked getting presents and Christmas time you got a lot.

~A Few Hours Later~

"Wilford you better not have gotten her a gun or something dangerous."

Wilford tuts, "I'm a responsible adult, she'll get a gun next year."

He picks you up and puts me on his lap before handing you his present. You rip open the paper to reveal a small box and inside was a light pink gem on a chain.

"What is it?"

He takes it out of the box and clips it around your neck, "if you ever need to get away from these idiots or need help just hold this, and say my name and I'll either come to you or you'll come to me."

"Awesome. Love you, Uncle Wilford."

You play with the pink gem thinking how pretty the colour was. On the sofa, Anti and Dark share a look like they don't know what to make of the gift.

Growing up with an alcoholic father you never got to have Christmas's you saw on TV and in films, you were lucky to even get one present despite the fact your mum tried to make it as magical as possible your old dad didn't like Christmas decorations so the house was always empty. But now you were having the Christmas you'd always dreamed of and couldn't wait for more Christmas's to come. Dark rescuing you that night changed your life for the better.