Chapter Seven

ANTI

"So you want me and Jack to stay here while you go and kill someone?"

I nod vigorously, what more was there to understand. Sometimes Mark wasn't as clever as Dark gave him credit for. Jack pushes Mark aside before pulling me away from the others.

He whispers, "I never thought I'd see the day when I have to admit that what you and Dark are doing for y/n is a good thing. Although I don't want Mark to know, you better kill that sick son of a bitch Anti."

I was shocked to hear Jack complimenting me, and I was also shocked he was so pro-violence when usually he was a downer on all mine and Dark's schemes.

"Err thanks, I guess...will you and Mark be okay here with y/n?"

Jack smiles, "she's a great kid. Stay safe Anti."

Over Jack's shoulder, I see Dark and the other egos approach me, it was time to strike against d/n and the demon hunters.

DARK

As The Host explained the Black Eye cult in more vivid detail my usual ease at the thought of killing a target went away, replaced with fear that these people were capable of all kinds of things and something bad could happen not just to me or Anti but the other egos. At least one of us had to come back alive to raise y/n, she couldn't lose both of us.

So while Anti was distracted with Jack and Mark I told the other egos my doubts and plan that if this went south they had to make sure Anti came out alive to raise our daughter. Of course, the Septics agreed with me in a heartbeat, but the Ipliers were a harder sell. However, they agreed.

Y/N

Daddy and dad left along with all my new uncles which made me a little sad, but they said they needed to take care of something to make sure no harm came to me or my new family. I was left alone with Jack and Mark, luckily Sam was here to keep me company.

"So y/n do you want to watch a film or something?" Mark asks, scratching his head like he didn't know how to act around me.

I nod and Jack scoops me up in his arms, I liked him more than Mark because he was funny and made me laugh.

"Go and make some popcorn Mark while we pick a film."

Mark follows Jack's order and leaves the room. Jack sits down on the sofa and pulls me close to him while he scrolls through Netflix.

"Can we watch Trolls Mr Jack?"

Jack laughs, "of course we can miss y/n."

We wait until Mark returns with popcorn and some drinks before turning on the film. I throw a large blanket over the three of us wanting to be cosy, this was going to be a good night.

2 HOURS LATER

JACK

y/n was asleep cuddled up to Mark who was also dozing off. At first, Mark couldn't understand why Dark and Anti would want to raise a kid especially a human, but the more time he spent with y/n the more he loosened up and relaxed around her.

Suddenly a sharp pain shoots through my heart making me clutch my chest and gasp loudly trying to breathe, but it felt like someone had physically thrust their hand through my chest and was trying to pull my heart out.

"Jack...are you okay?"

I shake my head and feel myself keel over and fall off the sofa dislodging the blanket and in the process waking y/n.

"Mr Jack!"

"Stay on the sofa y/n," Mark commands, jumping off to kneel by my side, "Jack what's going on?"

"Can't...breathe...feels like...heart...being...ripped out..."

Then as quickly as the pain came over me it vanished into thin air and I felt the air return to my lungs and my heart go back to beating at a regular pace. y/n scrambles down from the sofa and throws herself at me. I hug her back hoping not to have scared either her or Mark too much.

"What the hell was that Jack?" Mark questions, slowly pulling y/n off me who had some death grip on her.

I shake my head, "I feel like a part of me died or something. Maybe I need to cut out the coffee."

This was no laughing matter but it seemed to put the uneasy atmosphere in the room at ease. Then all around us, the lights and power cut out making Mark jump and y/n squeal at the sudden darkness we were thrust into.

"Now this can't be good."

I'm sure if Mark could see me he'd be rolling his eyes at me, the two of us having played enough horror games between us to know this was when the killer attacked everyone in the house.

"Look there are people outside holding candles."

The two of us crawl in the direction of y/n's voice and poke our heads up to look out of the window. y/n was right there looked to be around four people all holding candles up to their faces illuminating really odd and scary looking wooden masks.

"Maybe we should get away from the window guys."

I agree with Mark and feel around for y/n before pulling back with me. Could these be some of the cult members? I mean we hadn't heard from Anti or Dark in a good couple of hours and they said they'd keep us updated unless something had gone south.

"Hey y/n do you know where your dads keep any weapons?" I enquire.

"Yes, follow me."

The three of us crawl quickly out of the lounge and towards the staircase. If we all went upstairs we'd be trapping ourselves with very little chance of escaping. But I follow after y/n and Mark not wanting to be left down here on my own. Sam nudges me in the foot and I sigh before scooping him up because the poor thing didn't have legs so couldn't climb upstairs.