Chapter Two

ANTI

Yes, Dark and I argued, but most couples did that so we were no different from the rest. Dark didn't know how to take a joke and probably never would, so his solution to any problem we were having was to teleport to god knows where and not return until the morning where he'd still be cranky until I admitted I was wrong and apologised.

Our fights had been more frequent recently and slowly getting more and more violent, usually on Dark's end. We never use to fight or argue as much as we were doing now but our lives no longer felt interesting or exciting so we kind of took our pent-up frustrations out on each other.

I was pacing up and down the living room when I sensed Dark was back in the house. The strong scent of blood hits my nostrils; the blood was fresh and human. What had Dark gotten himself into this time?

"I have no time to explain Anti but you need to get Schneeplestein over here right now and tell him to bring everything."

Dark rushes into the room holding something small to his chest. It was odd, he was normally so calm and collected but right here and now he looked panicked and scared which in turn scared me. I message the good doctor telepathically and run over to Dark's side.

"I just called him. What happened Dark? Why is there a small human in your arms?"

He starts to tell me what he'd witnessed but all I hear is a severely wounded child and I block out everything else. I urge Dark to let me see the small human which he does with some reluctance. There was a cloth pushed up against the throat and another cloth tied roughly but not too roughly around the right eye. Blood was seeping through both cloths.

"Ze good doctor is in the house."

Schneeplestein appears behind me sounding rather too cheerful for such a late hour.

"You need to fix her."

Dark pushes past me and shows the doctor the wounded child who was slowly bleeding out in front of us. Schneeplestein's smile fades.

"Zis will require a lot of work. I can't make any promises. I need somewhere to work."

I run into the small dining room and clear the table, throwing a cloth over so Dark had somewhere to put the child. All the while Schneeplestein gets his tools out and puts his face mask on.

As soon as the doctor starts working on the child Dark mumbles something under his breath and leaves the room, and I follow after him into the hallway.

"Dark, babe it's okay to feel hurt right now."

I grab his arm and stop him dead in his tracks. He turns around to face me and in a split second I don't know whether or not he's going to hit me, but what he does next takes me by surprise. He throws his arms around me and pulls me into a bone-crushing hug.

"We kill people all the time Anti, but how does someone so small have that much blood inside them? No matter what I did I couldn't stem the bleeding, it kept flowing like a tap that had been left on."

Not caring that Dark was covered in blood I wrap my arms around him to try and give some small comfort, even though he was slightly taller than me. This was the most vulnerable I'd ever seen my lover and a big part of me didn't like it because Dark was big, mean and scary.

"You did a good thing Dark. You gave this kid the best chance at survival then leaving them in that house."

Dark pulls out of my arms and sighs loudly, "Schneep will be a while so I'm going to shower."

I don't stop him as he trudges upstairs to get cleaned up, he needed some alone time.

"Anti!" Schneep shouts from the dining room.

I rush into the room to see Schneep standing over the kid contemplating something. The neck wound was covered which only left the eye.

"Is something wrong?"

"Zis is one of the hardest cases I've worked on Anti. Zis eye is not salvable. Do you give me permission to cut it out and cauterise the socket?"

This was a lot of responsibility to put on my shoulders, "what happens if the eye stays in Schneep?"

Schneep taps his fingers on the wooden surface, "Ze eye gets infected, infection then seeps into the body, and the tiny person dies."

Dark was too invested in this kid to let them die now. Looks like we'd be getting this kid an eye patch when they came back around.

"Cut out the eye Schneep."

The doctor nods and I shuffle out of the room, stopping in front of the hallway mirror staring at my own deformed demonic black and green eye which contrasted my normal eye. This was not how I expected the night to go.