seis|6|six

i fret in my room longer than i admit, living up to my title - the hermit crab.

i ask mamá if i can use the attic as a dance studio of a sort, but she explains it's going to be her place to write. mamá taught at the local primary school in mijas, but she wants to write books now. papá works as a doctor, and as a result was our reason for moving: a job opportunity in london which would make us wealthy. i don't know what i want to be. there's nothing i'm good enough at.

"jaques, mon amore?", mamá's heels click as she walks down our spiral stairs. i glance up, adjusting my round, gold rimmed reading glasses. mamá has her hair up in a messy bun and her reflective sunglasses on the edge of her nose. she's beautiful; used to be a model as a teenager but grew tired of it.

"mm oui?"

"come to the library with me, you can't keep buying books anymore", she shakes her head, speaking in french, of course. you see, i will translate for you from now on. 

well, if there's any reason for to make me leave the house it's this. "okay"

we catch a cab to the library, which is just a little too far in walking distance for mamá in heels. the surroundings are familiar, but i dismiss the thought as the dusty smell of books fills my nostrils. mamá walks off to find the mountain of books that she will probably collect. i wander around in the history and teen fiction. i then find myself in the poetry section, immersed in soft, calming description that-

"you're back"

+
early chapter cause I JUST FINISHED SEASON 2 OF STRANGER THINGS!! don't forget to vote and leave me a comment about what you think so far ; )