veintidós|22|vingt-deux

"nice to meet you",

i hold out my hand. he takes it gently, and instead of shaking it, begins to lead me through the door to the studio.

"whats your pick of poison?", levi asks, letting go of my hand. i consider this question. his chupetin stick pokes out of the corner of his mouth. the studio, though modern-looking from the outside, is fairly old-fashioned. there are red, velvet sofas along the hall which are accompanied by paintings of dancers. some recognizable, some not so. anna pavlova gazes at me with a fiery kind of calm in her eyes.

"poison?", i raise an eyebrow. he smiles.

"what dance do you do?", he says, mouth full.

"ballet. hip hop. and some contemporary, i suppose", i reply. 'and you?"

he pops the boiled sugar out of his mouth slowly with a smacking sound on his lips. then, levi smiles at me thoughtfully. "mainly hip hop, but i like calmer music, which, of course, is strikingly problematic"

i laugh, noticing his stylish clothes: expensive jeans and fashionable boots. his singlet is loosely fitting. i can't take my eyes off him and his chupetin as he guides me to the end of the hall. "i can imagine"

"levi!", a shout comes from the other side of the door. it bursts open just as we are about to walk through, and i jump back, falling into the dancer.

"there you are", a girl remarks, crossing her arms in an irritated way. her eyes land on me, as levi props me back up. i bite my lip, embarrassed. "you must be jacques de caliente"

"you must be a weasley' echoes in my head. i curse myself for spending so many hours rewatching harry potter.  her eyes flick back to levi, and i begin to notice a resemblance between the two. although the way she stands is far more confident, they lean back into the same relaxed posture. this girl and levi's eyes are the same shape, oval-like, with dark eyes. her freckles are more distinct than his, though, and she has an intimidating aura; like she could totally kick your ass. before i can put two and two together, levi rolls his eyes and gives me an apologetic glance.

"jax, this is my sister olivia"

olivia frowns. "twin sister. and, it's liv"

levi huffs. "i told you, we can't be liv and levi. that's just... no"

i laugh and they turn to me, the same amused expression, which makes me laugh a little harder. "hi, liv"

"jacques, time to dance. isla is waiting", liv informs me with an encouraging smile. isla must be the instructor who offered to coach me for free if i'm good enough. as an audition, i promised mamá i'd do her favourite: swan lake. swiftly, i pull off my school jumper, revealing the boys spanish leotard i've been wearing underneath all day. as i continue to undress i try not to listen to the twins bicker. as i slip through the door, levi calls,

"good luck!"

+

what's your favourite genre of book?
santa is coming soon my dudes.