doce|12|douze

oh fantastic: meeting more new people!

heads turn as we walk into the freshly cleaned classroom. the beginning of the school year, it'll be dirty by the end of the week. the teacher is no where to be seen, but theo is leading me to what must be his group of friends at the back of the classroom. oh, god, here we go. i let some hair fall over my eyes, trying to breathe slowly.

"hola, amigos!", theo laughs, spreading his arms out. a girl gets out of her seat, falling into his arms.

"i haven't seen you in ages", she exclaims into his chest. her hair is dark as liquorice, contrasting beautifully with her dark skin. there are people laughing and talking but i barely have time to take anything in. i barely have time to even breathe because i'm looking around and smiling slightly and my eyes set on a boy who's reading a book. the perks of being a wallflower. my personal favourite, however cliche.

"you saw me two days ago! evening, this is jax", i lift the corners of my mouth a bit more to try and show i'm listening to theo without actually looking at him and his friends. then i realise it's rather rude to not maintain eye contact. he continues,

"jax, this is evening lawson", he gestures to the girl he has his arm wrapped around.

"hello. your name... it's-"

"weird. i know", evening laughs. "could have been worse. my older brother's name is 'eucalypt'. like the tree"

i chuckle with them. i wanted to tell her i meant that it's beautiful, but by the time i gather the courage theo has already moved on. bad habit. anyway, jaiden, who has pale skin and dark hair, reminds me of a vampire. miles has flaming red hair and looks like he works out every single day of the week. cannot relate. and there's raylee, who barely looks up from her phone to say hello. then, theo points to the boy with the book, introducing him. but he needn't have, the boy finally uncovers his face.

he raises his eyebrows at me.

"mierda", i swear under my breath. because it's him.

"jax, this is miller"

+

i met millie and she was cute :,)