ocho|8|huit

i spend the remaining days before september 1st sprawled in bed, reading and thinking of a million better things i could have said to miller wright that wouldn't have been so awkward.

my new school looks like it has a lot of potential for me to get lost in. it has countless rooms, it seems, from the brochure papá brought me this afternoon. tomorrow is september first. the first day of school, the first day of autumn, the first day my life here in london starts to manifest into a reality.

"estas nervioso?", papá asks with a full mouth, attacking his broccoli. she sits across from me, sneaking glances at the book in her lap as she pops carrot in her mouth. sometimes mamá is just as childish as vali.

"of course", i reply to papá, scraping meat to the corner of my plate. i want to go vegan, desperately, but cheese and meat are a part of almost all of our meals. papá nods his head, giving me a comforting smile.

"no te preocupes, everyone else will be too"

"no se", i shrug. my knife and fork clatter on my plate as i stand up. vali mimics the noise in her high chair, before spooning some mushed carrot onto the clean, white kitchen tiles.

"no, no, no, vali, mi amor. la boca! zanahoria en la boca!", mamá begs my little sister to put the carrot in her mouth in spanish. papá and vali giggle at each other. they're too distracted to notice me scraping my plate of food into the scrap bin.

they never notice.

+
yes that was a triple update x
you can call 1300 550 236 or (03) 9417 6598 (national) if you are struggling with eating x