veintiuno|21|vingt et un

miller is pretty enigmatic when it comes to personality; one minute smirking and winking, the next overly polite mannerisms and goofy lopsided smiles. i'm not having trouble deciding whether i like him or not, i'm having trouble deciding if he likes me. my phone buzzes.

badboymil sent you a chat!

i open it while crossing the road, a smile tugging at the corners of my mouth.

|badboymil:
i'm joking, bby, i'd never block your hot a-
;)

a loud blare of a car horn jolts me out of my reply. promptly, i make it to the other side of the road, slipping my phone back into my pocket. i guess i just need to get to know him more to judge him.

i stop for a minute, catching my breath. i'm not fit enough, obviously. the daily hour dance practice at home isn't doing the trick apparently, which probably means i should start working out more or something. i should ask theo about that. not miller: i have a strong feeling he might make fun of me for it.

"are you jacques de caliente?"

i've arrived at the front of the modern-esque building which sits comfortably between a small tesco and a park filled with-

"dogs", i blink. i haven't seen any since we got here. "dogs!"

i turn to the person who was talking to me. the first thing i notice is the rich, rosy pink candy on a stick in their hand, small and round. i mentally scold myself when the english name for it doesn't come to mind; only the spanish. chupetins, or, more iconically "chupa chups", are one of vali's favourite candies in the world. i watch as it reaches their equally pink lips i take in their appearance.

a boy, with dusky bronze skin and a trendy tumblr boy haircut: similar to theo's, except more naturally pushed back. from what i can tell, he's asian, maybe thai. unsurprisingly, this boy is a few centimetres taller than me, like everyone else in goddamn london.

"cheshire park's highlight", he nods, probably referring to the dog comment. the freckles on his skin are splayed so gorgeously, matching his kind, dark eyes. the boy grabs the chupetin by the stick, taking it out of his mouth and smiling at me. "so... you're jacques?"

"y-yeah", i blink. "i'm... yes, jax"

the boy, probably a bit older than me, gives me a relieved smile. "i'm levi"

+

click the little star if you enjoyed <3