quince|15|quinze

miller's eyes meet mine. his eyebrows knot together in sudden panic.

"did she say we had to present?", i hold back a smile at miller's expression.

"trust me", i wink.

"ready, boys?", miss kellie smiles, but it doesn't reach her eyes. i frown, wondering whether she just hates her job or something has happened. suddenly, miller pokes me in the side and i flinch. quickly, i shift away from him, thinking 'no me toques ahí'.

"si", i answer untruthfully. she gives an appreciative nod.

"hola, me llamó jacques... y como te llamas?", i begin slowly. noting my expression, miller agrees, dipping his head. i cannot tell if he understood a word or not.

"si, si! como... como estas?"

i roll my eyes. "estoy nervioso, ya sabes? y... odio el lunes"

i add the last part and grin. miller seems to take the hint and laughs. miss holden claps a bit and miller and i move to sit back down.

"good, good, i'm not fond of monday's myself. entonces... tu nombre es jacques?"

all eyes are on me now. i swallow, pretending to brush some lint off my uniform.

"si. 'jax' esta bien"

"and you're miller, the football star. i've never taught you", kellie walks back to her desk, heels clicking. i shift in my seat, turning to him shyly. 'football star?', i mouth. he narrows his eyes playfully.

"that's an overstatement, miss", he calls. our spanish teacher begins to hand out some kind of booklet.

"well, you've received every type of reward ever, so i was just assuming you were good"

i turn back to him and mouth 'every type of award?'. he rolls his eyes and laughs.

"yeah. he's good. we're good", theo tells miss kellie, glancing at us. theo must be a footballer too. well that explains... that. kellie places the collection of sheets on my desk.

"okay, well i'm hoping to see you win the championship again this year. who's up next to present some phrases?"

+

phew what do you guys think: should i make a sequel to this book or just write like two hundred chapters-