25.

"Lola can I come in?" I heard Josh ask from behind my door, "fuck off" I timidly replied, what I was hoping would come of as a threatening roar leaving my shaking lips as nothing above a whisper. The door swung open, revealing the puzzled looking boy, "Please don't cry" he whimpered, rushing over to me and gently wiping my mascara tainted tears with his thumb. "I'll pack my things" I sighed, perfectly recreating what happened six years ago, which I still remembered word for word. "I'll still see you" He said as I pulled the heavy suitcase from my wardrobe and began to neatly fold my clothes, "That's what you said last time" I mumbled, carefully putting the folded items in the suitcase. "You don't have to pack now Lola, you have two days until you leave" he replied, taking my hands and pulling me away from my wardrobe, "might as well get it over and done with. That way I'll be out of your way quicker" I explained, pulling myself from his grip and returning to my task. "I thought you wanted to go home and be with your family" he sighed in defeat, plopping his body on my bed, "I thought I had finally found my family, finally found my home and my happiness but clearly it's a house full of more people who want to get rid of me. I guess I should be used to it at this point, especially seeing as it's the second time you have sent me off but it still hurts just the same." I cried, allowing tears to frantically role down my cheeks. "None of that's true Lola" he replied sternly, making me chuckle, "oh but it is" I laughed, shaking my head at his ignorance. "I'll be gone by the morning" I added, signalling for him to leave me alone to prepare my things. "You're flight isn't for a few days, come and enjoy the party" he begged, not quite understanding what I meant. "I'm not getting on the plane back to the people who tried to get rid of me, it's just another household of rejection Josh." I explained, shoving the last few things in my suitcase and quickly zipping it up, "where will you go?" He asked as I walked past him, quickly wheeling it behind me. "Like you care" I grumbled, picking it up and dragging it down the long flight of stairs and go the front door, making sure to move quietly and quickly so no one in the kitchen saw me.

No one tried to stop me from leaving, not Josh, not their friends, not even Simon. But what more did I expect from them? The last thing I saw before I left was an image that would stay with me for the rest of my life; Josh and Simon standing in the doorway, expressionlessly watching as I walked out of their lives, without even a goodbye or a even giving a simple wave. My feet were tired and my body was frozen but I continued walking, no particular destination in mind, anywhere far away from that house was good enough for me.