[3]

~❤~

What is meant to be will always find a way!

~❤~

But I thought you mentioned lone time. Are you sure you want me to join you? He frantically nodded his head. Yes yes. Definitely.

I smiled. Okay cool. Let me just keep these bags then I will join you. He walked towards me and took the bags from my hand. Come I will drop them. I tried protesting but he had already started walking inside the building.

We entered my house and I forwarded my hand to take the bag. Seeing my hands, he raised his eyebrow. I signalled to the bag in his hand. He mouthed an 'ohh' and handed me the bag.

I took it to the kitchen and kept on the slab. While walking out I took a cold water glass along with me for manik. Here. I said when I came in the living room to see him seated on the sofa. Nice house. He said. Thanks.

When I bought this house, it had basic furniture.  The money that I had saved for furniture could be spent on decorating the house giving it the personal touch. Though It did need some basic repairings.

He kept the glass on the table and stood up asking the directions for the washroom. I showed him the way. Till the time he freshened up I too went to the kitchen and took out the things from the bag. The ones needed for the cafe, I left them in the bag.

When manik returned we immediately left. Though there was hardly any thing spoken between us but the silence was comfortable. While going down the lift we didn't speak anything. I looked at manik to find him staring blankly at the lift door with some strange emotion. The silence that till now I felt was comfortable now seemed to be deafening.

The small smile on my face faded away. Were we going too fast with this friendship? Was I trusting a wrong person? Was all this a facade? So many questions but no answers. I sighed. Let's just go with the flow.

We reached the beach in some 30 minutes. My mind was still in a haze with all the questions running and confusing me. None of us initiated any kind of conversation except for small smiles that were passed. I could sense that now things were getting awkward. Maybe agreeing to come with him was a bad idea.

Let's sit. Manik's voice broke my chain of thoughts. I looked around to see that since it was afternoon it was still empty. We settled on the sand. My knees were folded. I placed my chin on them and kept looking at the sea waves. Manik had stretched his legs and was sitting with his hands at the back. I don't know why but I started speaking out loud about my childhood.

I was 3 when my parents parted ways. I have lived with my mom since then. Except for a few photos from my childhood I have no other memory of my father. I vaguely remember any of the memories since I was quite small. A chuckle escaped my lips. Memories. Forget about any memory I hardly remember how he looks and in which corner of the world is he right now. I don't even whether he is alive or d....

I couldn't complete. My vision was blurred due to tears. Blinking my eyes I continued in a shaky voice. But I never had any complaints cause my mother always tried fulfilled all my  wishes. She was my best friend and supporter. Like I said earlier I didn't have any friend. She...She was the only friend and the only one who belived in me.  Tears didn't stop while I couldn't stop myself from crying even more.

Manik wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Was? He asked in a meek voice. I looked up in his eyes to see a similar pain mirroring in them. She died two years back in drunk and drive case. I didn't have enough money to file a case against those rich people. They fed money to the constables and closed the file.