Chp 7-Welcome to the past

"Are you alright ??"his voice entered my ear but i was too sore to respond........

Author's POV-
"Hey,?"
"Hello!"he shook his fingers in front of her eyes with a hope that it will break her apart from her world of dreams ...but it couldn't help her burst the spooky bubble of her past..
When he saw his attempts fail down...his evil mind smirked and he knew what to do next..
"Do you want some snacks.."
She took a deep breath and tried to distract herself from her thoughts.She responded to her question with a slight nod..coz she knew only food can help her forget those memories..."here"he handed him a packet of sponge cake....
But before she would enjoy the cake...a piece of stone fell near her feet...her brows creased and she looked up to find the stone wall cracking...before she could decipher the  things ..row of stones fell near her...A large piece of stone was about to burden her head when she was pulled by a pair of strong arms... and her cake landed on the ground ...he pulled her towards him which made her fall on him ..her head on his chest ...his hands around her waist which tightened as more stones fell on the ground...he rolled with her in his arms towards the right to protect themselves from the falling stones...this time she was below him clutching his shirt ,squeezing her eyes....he tried to get up but her tangled hairs on his shirt buttons stopped her to do so .their faces were inches apart ...he started removing the tangles of her hair..his eyes still locked with hers...his fingers brushed her hand who was also doing the same..
Several butterflies rose in her stomach as his heart skipped a bit... The loud voice of stone falling on the ground broke them from their beautiful world ...He carried her as fast as he could and rushed out from the cave...He placed her on the ground and ran inside to grab his bag which has all the essential things needed. But as he was about to return with his bag his eyes landed on a shining little piece lying on the ground..It was nothing but Innayah's hand chain...An elegant piece of thin chain clasped with two little flowers..

An elegant piece of thin chain clasped with two little flowers

He picked it immediately and placed it safe inside his pocket.
The cave was about to fall but he escaped at the right moment.
"Where will we go now?How will we save ourselves from this spooky jungle..from gunshots and dangerous animals and also the falling caves and how could we forget the stony ground...and als-." He shut her up by clasping his palm on her mouth..
"Dont forget you are with the Don!I have one more place to hide.safe than this....Follow me!" She glared at him, shook her head and followed him...The gunshots were calm now.
As she walked for a while , her  bruised feet started bleeding again..
"Your feet !Damn how could i forget about that.."
He picked her up again in bridal style and walked for a while.She looked at him. He wasn't as bad as she taught. His wyes were glued to the way ahead. Beads of sweat were formed on his forehead. Worry was clearly shining in his eyes. She couldn't help but wipe the sweat beads from his face. As her fingers touched his face he shivered. Their eyes met and the world stopped. Drowning in each others eyes there world stilled. He saw innocence in her eyes and she saw love in his. This time it was the shuffling of leaves that brought them back to reality . He vleared his throat as she averted her gaze. Their cheeks reddened and he continued walking as fast as he could till they reached the other cave...which was smaller than the previous one..He leaned down to lay her on the bed of dry leaves..their faces were inches apart...Their eyes met for a mere second. Backing away from her he leaned towards her brusied and bleeding feet only after grabbing his bag with him.Placing her feet up on his lap he scanned it and was shocked to find the hollow cut in her feet. "What have you done to this little feet of yours...he cleaned the wound with the cotton and applied the anti septic and bandaged the wound.
Okay done..
Innayah stood up and sat on the corner of the cave..
"Thank you"
"You are most welcome"he answered.
As the night fell deeper the buried memories of past came alive.She was an insomniac...She remember the day when sleeping was her favorite hobby but now ...a small nap has became the toughest task for her..She looked at him who has his back turned towards her..
"What would have i done if he wasn't here..I would have been lying in an animal's stomach or would have been starved to death..or would have been shot by one of the hunter...Thank you mystery man."she talked to herself..