Chapter 23~ I'm not alone

"I've spent so long in the
darkness, that I've almost forgotten how beautiful the moonlight is."
-Corpes Bride

Where am I? Why does everything look pitch black? Why do I feel so... dead?

~flashback~

As Y/N sat outside she heard a sound by the bushes. She didn't think much of it until she saw Ein stand next to her with a gun pointing at her head. "Did you get my pictures? I know she's in your house right now."

Y/N gulped, "I left my phone upstairs."

Ein suspiciously squinted his eyes at her. About to pull the trigger Y/N grabbed his wrist and pulled it down that by the time Ein pulled the trigger, it was aimed at her side. Y/N grunted and fell to the floor, her vision getting blurry, and eyelids closing. She faintly saw Ein run to the side of the house and that's when everything went black.

~flashback over~

Right, I remember now. Ein shot me. But, why do I see darkness? Why is no one here? Why can't I hear anything other than my thoughts? Little by little, I'm starting to hear noise. The noise gets louder every second, now I hear a faint beeping noise.

Beep

Beep

Beep

I hear whispers, but I can't make out what they're saying. It stays like this for what feels like forever. It feels like only 30 minutes have passed and I hear someone sob. Is it aunt Rachael? Aph? Aaron? Uncle Derek? No, he wouldn't cry for me, not one bit.

I try to open my eyes but it's difficult to force them open. I managed to open my eyes very slightly, blinding by the bright white light, I get adjusted to the light and open my eyes more.

The sobbing I heard still continues. I feel warmth on my hand, tubes and needles connected to my left arm. I look to my right and see Garroth holding my hand in his. I've never seen him cry the way he is right now.

I move my arm over to his head and softly brush my fingers in his hair. "It's okay Gar Gar, I'm okay now." I said in a quiet yet raspy voice.

Garroth moved his head up very fast. His eyes were red and puffy, bags under eyes and a runny nose. His beautiful ocean eyes didn't show any sign of happiness, they look like they have been in pain for years. "Y/N, I'm super happy you woke up. I thought I was gonna lose you."

I put my hand that he was holding on his cheek and smiled at him. "I will never leave you, there will never be a day in my life that I will leave you at any giving matter. I love you."

"I love you so much Y/N, and i don't ever want to see you go through something like that again."

"I promise." Garroth stood up from the chair he was sitting on and have me a kiss on the top if my head. Even after a whole year, I still get a warm feeling inside of me when we have moments like this.

Sadly, the moment got ruined by the doctor coming in the room, it was the same werewolf doctor that helped me when I tried to... yeah. "Hello Ms. Lycan, I see you're awake."

"Yeah, how long was I out anyways?"

"Just for a week. Nothing major."

"A week?! You mean to tell me a I missed a week's worth of work?! You've got to be kidding."

The doctor did a small chuckle and grabbed the clipboard that was hanging from the edge of the bed. Flipping through the pages, he adjusted his glasses and cleared his throat. "Ok Ms. Lycan, you won't be able to walk much since the shot on your abdomen caused your spine to not be fully fuctional, you'll have to be in a wheelchair for the most, a month. Not only that but you lost a lot of blood that Mr. Ro'Meave over here volunteered to donate some blood and turns out you both were the same blood type, so this means you'll have to eat to get your strength back and yeah that's about it. I'll have your wheelchair here after we checked you out." The doctor left the room, leaving me with Garroth alone.