Chapter 13

Dean punched Azazel. I was imagining it, surely. But the sound said otherwise. The sound of bone hitting bone, the gasp of the gawping crowd. Azazel stumbled backwards almost falling over me, who was still hunched over on the floor.

When Azazel finally pulled his hand from his nose I saw it was bloody and pointing at a slightly wrong angle. His eyes glinted with anger as they darted between Dean and me. But before he could do anything, Dean was holding his hand out to me. I took it and let him pull me up. 

"You're a fucking psychopath Winchester!" Azazel yelled but Dean squeezed my hand tighter and turned away from him. We pushed passed the seas of people. I passed a few faces I knew, many I didn't recognise.

Then we were out of the crowds and Dean started running, pulling me along behind him. It all went by in a daze, one minute we were running through the daunting school corridors then the fresh air hit me and we were running across the vast soccer pitch. I was more focused on Deans hand around mine and I only realised where we were going when we got there.

The cool shade under the bleachers was calming and Dean finally let go of my hand, bending over to catch his breath. I leant against the cold metal, speechless. "Did I seriously just do that!" Dean sighed after a while.

"It was pretty fucking awesome!" I laughed feeling dazed and out of breath. 

Dean looked at me and smiled, his cheeks were flushed and his eyes shimmered in the sunlight. "You're bleeding." He mumbled and walked over to me tentatively raising his hand and wiping my lip with his thumb. 

In all the drama I hadn't even noticed I was bleeding. I probably looked a mess.

Dean then seemed to freeze, his left hand cupping my cheek. His green eyes bore into mine and I stared to blush. But I didn't care, I happily got lost in his pretty eyes. So lost in fact, that I barely noticed him slowly leaning closer.

I did, however, register what was happening when he was inches away from my face, his breath faintly fluttering against my skin. I watched his eyes slowly shut, everything seemed to be going in slow motion.

Then his lips were on mine. I let my own eyes flutter shut and leaned into the kiss. What was going on? Why did Dean kiss me? I wasn't complaining though and let my arms wrap round his neck to deepen the kiss.

My heart was beating so loud I was sure he'd hear it. The kiss was incredible, perfect.

No. It wasn't perfect. I still didn't know why Dean was kissing me, and I also didn't know if this meant he wasn't straight. He wasn't my boyfriend. He didn't even like me like that. So why was he kissing me? Suddenly terrible thoughts flooded my head, he's using me, he'd never actually love me, it's a prank... 

As much as I didn't want to I soon broke the kiss. 

Dean stepped back seemingly surprised by his own actions. A deep blush began creeping up his cheeks and he looked around wildly trying to avoid my eyes at all cost.   

I didn't know what to do. I didn't move, all I was thinking about was the feeling of Dean's lips on mine.

The seconds built up, both of us standing in awkward silence, too nervous or confused to say anything. 

Thankfully Dean spoke first. One word muttered so quietly, if he wasn't so close I wouldn't have heard it.

"Sorry." 

He blinked, took another few steps back then finally met my eyes. "Sorry," He repeated, louder this time, "I don't really know why I did that."

"It's ok." I mumbled trying to will my heart to slow down.