Chapter 23

Dean's Pov

"Morning." I smiled at him. He was looking so much better. He looked happy. 

"So was it hard persuading your parents to let you come back?" I asked him as we drove to school. 

"Well, I sort of blackmailed my dad." Cas laughed and I smiled at him in shock, I never expected my adorable Castiel to be capable of blackmail. "But I'm here so, that's all I really care about." 

I stared at him unable to contain my adoration. "Eyes on the road Winchester." He laughed and I blushed, turning up my Zeppelin CD to full volume and rolling down the windows. 

The two of us were silent as we rolled into the school car park partly because we were so comfortable together, partly because of nerves. 

"So, are we telling everyone?" Cas asked a hint of worry in his gorgeous blue eyes. 

 I looked out of the open window at the students filtering into the brick building then back to Cas. 

"Yeah. I mean, I don't want to make a huge scene, but if anyone asks I'm ok with them knowing the truth." I sighed. I couldn't lie, I was scared, I'd seen what the kids at school had done to Cas. But he was all alone when he came out, now he had me and I had him. 

"Sounds perfect." Cas smiled and took hold of my hand. 

He didn't let go as we got out of the car or as we entered the school. 

The corridors were lined with students and as expected most of them turned their eyes to our interlaced fingers as we made our way to our lockers. 

Everywhere we went a series of whispers and wide eyes followed. 

After what felt like half an hour we successfully reached out lockers and I let out a sigh of relief realising that so far it hadn't been nearly as bad as I was expecting. 

Cas glanced at me and smiled warmly clearly noticing my nervousness. He squeezed my hand tighter and proceeded to gather his books together with only one hand as if he was afraid I'd float away if he let go of me. 

"Hey faggots!" 

The two of us stood up rigidly and I felt my blood run cold. 

We turned slowly and were faced with Azazel, Lisa and the rest of their gang. We were silent.

"So, is it true? Are you two fucking now?" He laughed bitterly. 

I clenched my spare fist. "It's none of your business." Cas snapped.

"Just answer the question loser." Lisa hissed. I couldn't believe she was playing dumb about all of this. 

Cas looked up at me waiting for me to give my consent to tell them. I froze, fear filling my mind.

Cas' Pov

I was scared Dean wouldn't be able to tell them. I know it was hard for him, and it would take time, but I selfishly really wanted Dean to stand up to the bullies who'd given me such a hard time this year. 

I looked up at him. I wasn't going to tell them if he wasn't ready. 

He was on edge and chewing on his bottom lip nervously. Suddenly he opened his mouth, "We're dating if that's what you mean, and if you've got nothing else to say about it could you kindly fuck off." 

I let out a quiet chuckle and Dean was smirking confidently again. 

Lisa glared at him and Azazel stood up tall puffing up his chest. "Don't test me Dean." He snarled.