Chapter 14

We didn't bring up the kiss at all for the next few weeks, and continued on like nothing had happened. 

Everyone was buzzing about our school's prom that was only a few months away. "I don't know who to ask? I can't go alone!" Benny was stressing at lunch. 

"Do you know who you're going to ask?" I said to Dean. I tried to make it sound nonchalant but I really was hoping he'd maybe decide to take me. Or at least go as friends.  

"Um I haven't really thought about it." He blushed, even I knew this was a lie. 

Benny's eyes darted between the two of us obviously understanding there was something else going on. 

"I always thought you'd go with Lisa in the end." 

'So did I.' I thought but didn't say out loud. 

Dean just rolled his eyes and blushed harder. 

It seemed since we kissed, Dean was more uncomfortable talking about Lisa, and relationships in general. But I forced myself to ignore his awkwardness and it soon faded away. 

Within a few weeks the kiss was almost forgotten and we were closer than ever. 

Detention was weird but I soon got used to it. Dean and me would sit in the corner and pass notes and silly doodles of Mr Metatron as he slept at the front desk.

Azazel had also landed himself in a weeks worth of detention for bullying. Honestly I thought a week wasn't long enough but I wasn't going to argue. 

Every day he'd skulk passed us with a scowl, but his broken, bruised nose meant he'd never go further than a few glares. He sat in the opposite corner closest to the door and would spend the entire hour tapping on the table annoyingly then bolt out the door the moment the bell went. 

Friday was my last detention, Dean still had weeks more. I'd drawn a little caricature of Azazel tapping on the table and had made an effort to exaggerate some of his features like his weird yellow eyes. It made Dean laugh a little more than expected and Mr Metatron quickly sat up from snoring loudly at his seat.

"Winchester! Stop distracting the other pupils, you don't want me going to Mrs Naomi, you're on thin ice as it is!" He shouted.

"Sorry sir." Dean said quickly and kept his head down. It wasn't the response I was expecting from him and he refused to utter a single word to me until the detention was over. 

"You ok?" I asked as we left the school and walked to the bus stop. Dean had to get the bus that week as his dad was borrowing the impala. He said it was ok but I knew how much the car meant to him and I could tell it was bothering him more than he'd like to admit. 

"Yeah, it's just after my run in with Azazel I'm on probation, one wrong move and they'll kick me out. And if I get kicked out, my dad will make us move sooner." 

"Oh, I'm so sorry, has your dad definitely decided you're moving then?" I asked, our shoulders bumping together as we walked.

"Not definitely, but usually when he makes a decision, he sticks to it." He kicked a small pebble off the sidewalk onto the road.

"I'm sure it'll work out ok." I said even though I didn't believe it and Dean just nodded keeping his eyes downcast. 

We sat down at the bus stop and I pulled out my earphones handing on to Dean and plugging them into my phone to play music. For a while no one spoke. 

"Remember the first time you spoke to me, here at the bus stop after the party at the beginning of the year." I laughed, trying to ignore to sad thought of Dean moving away that hung over both of us.