Chapter 18

Dean's Pov

It was so hard pretending not to be bothered by what had happened. I just wanted to talk to Cas, and to kiss him, and tell him how sorry I am. But he wasn't having any of it. So I took Charlie's advice and left him alone for a while.

Charlie and the others had been great, they listened and didn't judge and made me laugh to distract from the thought of Cas. But he was always there in the back of my mind. 

I wasn't going to go to the winter dance. I often thought it would have been nice to go with Cas, that could've been how I came out. I'd decided I was probably bi as I was still attracted to girls, but I was also definitely attracted to Cas. Typical, I figure it all out when it's too late. 

Anyway, I was planning to have a quiet night away from it all, maybe try again to contact Cas. But that was before I was approached by Lisa. 

I'd gone to an empty classroom to clear my head, I'd just spent another biology class next to Cas without talking. The first class we had together since he caught me and Lisa, Cas tried to move seats, but there weren't any spare seats available and no one was willing to swap. The reason I used to look forward to biology so much was now the reason I dreaded it. The awkward silences and desperate attempts to avoid eye contact.

But that day it was especially bad, we were asked to work in pairs. I tried to pretend like I wasn't dying of nervousness and started talking about the work we had to do. But Cas didn't say a word. He couldn't even look at me. It made me feel sick. So immediately after the lesson I retreated to an old empty music room to calm down.

 "Hey Dean how's it going?" I heard a voice in the doorway and turned to see Lisa leaning against the doorframe. 

"Go away Lisa, I don't really wanna hear it right now." One thing I'd learnt was not to give people like Lisa the time of day. 

"Oh I think you'll want to hear what I have to say." She said closing the door behind her and perching on a near by desk. 

"I know you and Castiel are more than just friends." 

I sat bolt upright and swallowed thickly. "Well, were more than just friends." She made sure to put emphasis on the were and I almost felt tears springing to my eyes but I fought them back, determined not to show I was upset. 

"What are you talking about?" I sighed trying and failing to sound uninterested. 

"Don't play dumb Dean, you weren't exactly subtle on the field the other day, both of you were crying your fucking eyes out for christ's sake. Which I suppose was my fault." 

She laughed, she actually laughed. I wanted to slap her, I almost did. But no matter how much of a bitch Lisa was I wasn't into that. I slumped back into my chair and scowled at her. "So what do you want, can't you just leave me alone now."

"Dean, Dean, Dean. You know me too well. You see, since you broke Azazel's nose, and became friends with the losers like Castiel, we're not as popular as we used to be. People want some relationship drama, and without you we just don't have that."

I started to laugh. "You know life's not all about popularity right?" 

"Shut up, you obviously don't understand. Anyway, I want to make a deal. You come to the winter ball with me, and hang with us until the end of term. And in return I'll make sure your little secret stays secret."

"What the fuck makes you think I'd do that!" I had to be careful not to yell.

"Well I know you don't want the whole school to know about your um preferences, otherwise you would have told them already. It won't be long, just until the end of term, then you can go running back to the loser fag Castiel."