1 | surf

Chapter 1: surf
Surf: noun; the mass or line of foam formed by waves breaking on a seashore or reef.
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
1. Surf
      The surf hit me harder than I anticipated, but didn't knock me down,I kept paddling right towards the 'sweet spot' of the Southern California surf.

     I saw the wave come at me and I smirked as I turned the board as the wave hit the back of the board, bringing me with it, standing up I rode the wave as if I where born to do so.

The wind spun my hair in circles in its tight ponytail, wanting it to fly free I took the hair tie out and shook my hair, letting my blonde hair fall down and smiling as I reached the shore and hopped off the board.

I walked into the bay and set my surfboard down near my bag as I threw my towel around myself and hugged it tightly to my chest. Their where people walking up and down the board walk near me, some whistled while their girlfriends glared at them as I laughed.

I put my cover up on and grabbed my beach bag and board as I walked to the nearly empty parking lot, after all it was almost 8:30 am. It will soon fill up and take over the beach with tourists and tanning Californians. I went into my car after loading my car and blasted the air conditioning, the air cooling me down.

I drove towards the highway that lead to the campus, University of Southern California was a busy, and bustling campus that would be packed by the time I reached the school.

By the time I got there, all the parking spots close to my dorm where all taken, some with more than one car. I sighed angrily as I parked on the curb a couple of blocks down and I made the long haul back to the building.

Once I entered my dorm room I had gotten plenty of disgusted looks as I walked in, mostly because girls where looking at my bird nest of hair and the fact that I was trailing in sand.

I wished that my roommate was still sleeping, hopping to catch her off guard and scare the shit out of her like usual.

I slammed the door and Anna shot out of the bed while pointing her gun, that was made out of her hands, at me in bewilderment. "What. The. Hell!" She yelled.

After she took in my appearance her jaw unhinged. "You went without me!?"

"Sorry?" I said as I sat down on my bed after throwing my bag in my closet. "You where sleeping, didn't want to wake you." I said in a baby tone while patting her head.

"Bitch."

I laughed "Takes one to know one honey!" I yelled as I entered the shower, washing the salty water out of my hair.

After I came out I had a wrapped towel around my chest and I found that Anna was gone. I shrugged and changed into a flowing tank top and short jeans. I pulled my hair into a messy braid and pulled my sunglasses on, walking out I texted Anna to meet me at the dining hall before she goes to her classes. My first class wasn't for another two hours and I needed food pronto.

I sat down on a nearby table on campus and took out my long overdue homework. My title is Professional Procrastinator.

My German homework was a pain in the ass and I almost gave up until someone put a caribou smoothie on my table and I looked up to see Anna grinning at me.

"Your welcome."

I greedily grabbed the mango orange key lime smoothie and drank half in one sip, smiling like a four year old.

"You..are...a..god." I said in between slurps.

She flipped her hair dramatically. "I know, no need to thank me."

She took out her strawberry banana smoothie and began to look at her phone. She almost dropped her smoothie as she read something, looking up at me every so often.

"What?"

"Nothing." She said, trying to hide her phone.

I did not want to deal with drama right now, so I don't fight her about it, letting her keep her phone to herself, content with my smoothie I continued to do homework.

      It was almost an hour into our study session when she bolted from her chair and just disappeared, she just ran. Leaving her stuff at our table she jogged towards the crowded courtyard, people crowding around the news stand looking at the latest issue.

She came back running over, almost falling as she sat down next to her bag. "Shit." She said under her breath.

"What?"

"You made the news sweetheart, and your not the only one who made the front cover."

"Shit!"
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note: hi wonderful readers, I'd like to congratulate all of whom have made it this far 👏🏻
🤔Question: so far, how do you like it?--->
Comment•Vote•Share