3 | thoughts

Chapter 3: thoughts
Thoughts: noun; an idea or opinion produced by thinking or occurring suddenly in the mind.
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
3. Thoughts

I wiped away the tears and looked up at the last person I'd thought I'd see, he smiled down at me, his hair messy in the wind, and his football jersey from high school worn out. I immediately stood up and enveloped him in a bear hug and laughed as he spun me around off the ground.

      We pulled away and he wiped the tears from my face. "I've missed you soldier."

      I laughed at his nickname for me, god it's been a while. "What are you doing here?"

      "You'd didn't hear? I'm here to play football for the team. Maybe you can wear my jersey for old times sake." Dylan joked.

      "I'd be happy to! But I'd rather wear your sweatshirt because those are far more comfortable than the jersey."

      He laughed and nodded in agreement. "So what are you doing out here crying?"

      "They found out." I stated.

      And that was all I needed to say, he knew it all. I was glad to have someone I recognize other than Anna around here now. We walked towards the caribou that was near the campus and sat down on a bench near the park, smoothies in hand.

      He talked on and on about how cool and awesome he was for getting a scholarship to UCLA, the greatest of all time colleges.

      His words, not mine.

      I just nodded along at his comments, my attention was elsewhere as I thought about where Blake could be. When I left, he stayed and I've tried my best to hide from him ever since the incident in Afghanistan. I'm trying to disconnect myself from the military, ignoring the news and updates that go around campus. Focusing on my life and rebuilding it.

      The funny part was, my family still thought I was training in the Middle East. Still fighting. Dying a little inside every time I shot someone.

      But nope, I was safe in California, ignoring them and their calls, needing some space.

      And as conceded as that sounds, I really wanted some peace and quit. I didn't want to talk about it constantly, and that's why I didn't tell anyone, and that's why I'm in hiding.

      But I'm glad Dylan found me, he never brought up the war, so I allowed him to stay with me today.

      "So soldier, how was war?"

       I take it back.

      "I don't want to take about it." I muttered.

      He nodded and slung an arm around my shoulders and squeezed my shoulder in reassurance, silently saying it was okay.

      And than he went back to talking about some football shit, and I gave him back my trust.

      What a great guy, why couldn't Blake be lik-, nope, I'm not going to think about him. The one that shall not be named.

      "SAM! Hello!?" Dylan yelled waving a hand in front of my face. "Geesh, I thought you stopped listening to me for a second there." He laughed at his own joke. "Ok, anyway, what was I saying oh ye-"

      God I love him.

❁❁❁

      The door swung open and slammed shut and Anna stormed in wearing all black and was panting heavily as she leaned up against the door.

      I looked at the clock and it read 3:27 am

      What the hell is she doing staying up this late?

      "What the hell?" Is asked groggily. Still in sleep mode.

      "Shh, go back to bed." She said in a smooth voice. "You are just dreaming Sam, you are in a dream, you are in a dream.." she said while repeating herself over and over again.

      My eyelids grew heavier and heavier until I fell back to sleep.

❁❁❁

      My alarm went off at 8:30am and I was up and adam before Anna even moved a muscle, she seemed out of it as she got up and ready, wearing her usual outfit of a hoodie and yoga pants.

      I was about to leave when I remembered something, I faced my friend and laughed at the thought. "Anna, you wouldn't guess what I dreamed about last night."

      "Let me guess, I was in all black and came into the room at 3:30 in the morning?"

      "No way! How did you know?"

      She scratched the back of her head and shrugged. "Eh, just a wild guess."

▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note: I'm impressed, you've officially made it three chapter unit this book 👏🏻
🤔Question: which do you like better? Reading or Writing?--->
Comment•Vote•Share