31 | station

Chapter 31: station
Station: verb; put in or assign to a specified place for a particular purpose, especially a military one
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
31. Station

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Blake asked as we stood it in front of the enlistment station in downtown L.A.

I nodded, it was now or never.

My contract had ended yesterday and Cole couldn't have been happier, now that my status was one of a civilian he was higher ranked than me and he was thrilled.

Wait until he hears about this.

We walk in and right away we see a group of people taking the oath and swearing their lives to the country and the government-etc. They ranged from men to woman, from 19-30 year olds and all of them looked eager with wide eyes.

So miles awkwardly not knowing why I was sent to this one at this time.

"Ah, Miss Clarke come on in." General Thomas said with an amount of enthusiasm that I was jealous of at this time of morning.

Walking over Blake trailed behind and we stepped up in front of the crowd. "Hello." I stated rather shyly.

Why was I shy all of a sudden? Who knows.

"These people have just enlisted, have any words of wisdom?" He asked patiently.

"Um, we'll it's loads of fun with your comrades, but tons of hard work and effort need to be put in in order to get where you want to go."

They all nodded at my spiel and Mr. Thomas let them leave only after they checked in with the front desk person.

Blake nudged me and whispered. "Very nice Clarke, who knew you had a knack for public speaking."

I slammed my elbow into his stomach at the sarcastic comment and he groaned loudly. I smirked and sat at the table that Mr. Thomas sat at with a thud. He pulled out the contract and I ddint hesitate to sign it. Blake quickly recovered and started to look around the station with an excited expression on his adorable face--was this the first time hes ever been in one of these places? That wold mke since, he did enlist at his Military School.

"Okay, we'll need you to report to Camp Rilea Heliport as soon as possible." He muttered as he overlooked the paper work. Blake exclaimed a loud 'what' but we ignored him and continued to talk.

"May I ask what I'm going to be doing there?" I asked, really not in the mood to beat around the bush any longer, I wanted to finish my schooling this year before I did any more serious work.

"You will meet up with your group, they hae ben back and all wil be compeltig their contracts soon so we will be sending you all to South Korea at the border dispute area. Easy peasy work for all of your last tour."

I nooded but decided to ask. "What about Blake, that will only be his second tour?"

He looked at me as if he excpected me to ask that question. "Where he goes does not concern you, you guys should only worry about yourselves."

I physically cringed when I saw that Blake was walking over to where we were standing. He crossed his arms over his chest and hugged loudly showing his disapproval of the situation.

"I'm in her troop, sir. So won't I be going with them?" He asked emphasizing the 'sir'.

For the first time I saw General Thomas actually roll his eyes at us and he a sighed a quick 'I guess so' before waving us goodbye.

Blake smiled in victory as we walked out of the building with a new found pep in our step. Hoping into the car I let him take the wheels and we where off back to school.

"Well that was fun." I stated sarcastically.

Blake hummed in agreement.

"Never been to South Korea, it'll be fun." I said trying to make awkward conversation after a moment so tense back there.

He turned his head in surprise in my direction bffs looking back at the road. "You've really never been?"

I nodded and it didn't escape his vision as he acknowledged it by responding. "I haven't either."

Wow, our first trip as an official couple and is to the war torn border of South Korea. Nice.

"When do you think we'll head up to Oregon?"

I thought about it, he said right after the year is over, so probably around July—the patriotic Holliday. "Probably two months into summer."

He grinned as if he won the lottery. "Good, I wanted to do something in before we left."

"And what is that?" I asked, the curiosity making me sit up straighter in the passenger seat next to the window.

He has been doing this for quite some time, saying weird statements and than not willing to explain anything to me afterwards. It's frustrating to say the least.

Shrugging he said. "You'll see."

Ugh! He says that in response every time!

"Your so frustrating sometimes you know that right?"

"Yea, Yea, I know. But you wuv me." He laughed as he drove onto the last stretch of road before we made it onto campus.

I rolled my eyes and didn't say anything as we parked in the farthest possible parking space possible. Stepping it out it felt good not to have to use crutches, they had finally given me my leg yesterday by hand delivery and I couldn't be happier about it.

It was freedom.

It was liberation from the wretched bars of medal that held me up for two months.

Blake came up to me and held my hand as we walked towards our dorm room building. This was one thing I missed while on crutches—the closeness it brought to walk with the person you love besides you is the greatest thing you can ever give a person.

To think all those years ago when I bumped into him I thought he was a asshat with a shit brain as a head, but now he's a valentines gift on wheels.

The gift that keeps on giving.

▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note: I have a new book up, it's called Bailey and I'm incredibly proud of it—so go check it out (:
🤔Question: favorite app?—->
Mine? This one, duh
Comment•Vote•Share