30 | surgery

Chapter 30: surgery
Surgery: noun; the treatment of injuries or disorders of the body by incision or manipulation, especially with instruments
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
30. Surgery

"Ughhhhhh!" I screamed out in frustration. "I haven't eaten in forever, I need food! Now!"

"Miss Clarke you can eat after your surgery, it will be here before you even know it." The nurse mumbled as he got everything ready around my bed in order for the operation.

"Well that's not now, so I'm still hangry." I grumbled. I was even more on edge because I've been stuck in this white room forever, not only because I haven't eaten in 12 hours.

Shoot. Me. Now.

"Sam!"

Looking at the door I saw Anna and Dylan walk in and I smiled, finally someone that can keep me company and keep my mind off my empty stomach.

"Hey guys."

"How longs the heart defibrillator thingy gonna take? I got stuff to do." Dylan commented as he sat down on the chair next to me.

Anna sat down on his lap and I had to contain my inner Fangurl as the ship was sailing even farther into the ocean.

"It'll take about 2 hours." I said as I rolled my phone around in my hands waiting for a call to come in.

Nodding. "Ok, we'll be here when you wake up but we have classes that we need to get going to, see ya than soldier." Dylan said as they got up to leave.

Rolling my eyes I waved goodbye and chuckled at his nickname as they left the room. Glancing at my phone once they left I saw that he hasn't called again since he proposed the offer.

General Thomas wanted me to go back-but I had no idea if I wanted to or not. I know I should, and I probably will but it's still a big change and commitment.

Typing away on my phone I sent a text that made my heart leap and the weight fall off my shoulders.

To: General Thomas,

I will report at your command and head into the nearest station to re-enlist. See you soon.

Shutting it off with a click I looked up to see the doctor walk into the room with a smile and a clipboard in his hand. "Hey Sam how are you today?"

"Fan-flippin-tastic." I quipped sarcastically.

"You know Sam, your sarcasm ceases to amaze me." He shot back. "And besides, you don't want to frustrate the person who's opening up your chest soon."

Damn, he's earned my respect now.

"Anyway, are you ready for your surgery? We'll have to put you under and if everything goes right you'll be up and moving in 4 hours." He continued.

Nodding. "Okay, let's get this over with."

❁❁❁

"Wow, she's really out."

"I know right, they said she'd wake up anytime now."

Could they get any louder? Geez, trying to get some sleep here and they are talking their mouths off.

Scrunching my eyebrows together I cracked one eye open and saw that it was Blake and Cole that was standing next to my bed.

Blake chuckled. "Welcome back Clarke."