23 | today

(New covers! <3 thoughts?^—->)
Chapter 23: today
Today show: noun; the best news show ever?
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
23. Today

      My phone started to buzz loudly as the song 'In the Air Tonight' started to play. Signaling at 3:45am in the morning that it was time to get up.

      Of course Blake was not happy about this because he tightened his arm around my waist and put his chin into my neck and kissed underneath my ear. "If you don't shut that off now-I'll chuck it against the wall."

      I laughed and hit snooze on the alarm before wriggling my way out of his iron grip.

      Hopping around the room with just one leg I through together an outfit and shuffled into the bathroom where I got dressed.

      Wearing a white mid length summer dress paired with a jean jacket and one nude heel I was ready for the day and out the door-leaving a confused Blake behind me, him having no idea where I was going.

      Grabbing my phone from it's charger and my purse from the side table I met Anna in the kitchen and she smiled as she handed me a coffee cup.

      "Are you ready for the Today Show?"

      "I was born ready." I grinned.

❁❁❁

      "Next we have Colonel Sam Clarke and her remarkable story after your local weather." Al Roker said before signing off and the cameras going dead.

      The hair and make up lady freshened up my face and put some dry shampoo in my hair before scurrying off to help with the hosts of the show.

      "Sam, are you ready for your interview?" Hoda asked as she sat next to me in the spacious white couch.

      "As ready as I'll ever be." I stated nervously, I've never been on live tv before and this was so nerve racking! Ugh.

     "Honey you'll do great...Ok we are on in 5, 4, 3, 2,.."

      Fidgeting In my seat they have the go symbol and Hoda started to talk at lightning speed.

     "Alright thank you Al, now the courageous story of a military prodigy saving a young privates life in Afghanistan."

      Rolling a clip they showed a picture Blake and I took while reporting on a town near the base for any intelligence intel. The narrator said that we had gone out their at the end of our senior year and that it was both Kurt and mines squad that had been ambushed.

      When the clip ended the host turned to me and smiled warmly. "Now tell us Sam, what happened?"

      Crossing my hands and clasping then together on my lap I began to tell the story that ultimately got us here in the first place-the story that tore Blake and I apart for the second time.

      "We had heard that a nearby trade between the Taliban and Afghan government was about to commence in the city nearest to us-us being the ones closest we where sent in to investigate and possibly shut down. When we got there the ambush caught us off guard. Nothing I couldn't handle."

      Hoda jumped in. "And what do you mean by that?"

      I shrugged. "My 3rd tour-the one before that one was when I lost my leg." The camera trained in on it and then came back up to my face. "That was also during an ambush. Nothing I haven't faced before."

      "Blake had gone too far out and that's when the situation became dire. Snipers are a popular occurrence in the city so when Blake was being targeted I knew exactly what to do. Running in he had blacked out do to a shrapnel bomb going off two blocks over. Dragging him to safety I ended up going after 11 more people."

      "Wow, national hero. Thank you so much for your service." Hoda gushed as she continued to talk about what Blake had said before hand on the show a couple of months ago.

      "Thank you Sam so much for coming here this morning. Anything else you might like to add?"

     Of course I had more to add, the whole pint on coming here was to humiliate Blake.

      What kind of...um? What where we exactly?

      Never mind.

      "Um yes, since he pushed me on a national stage I have some revenge that needs to be sorted out." I smirked.

      Hoda and Savanna laughed. "We'd like to hear this." Savanna said.

      "I have brought a picture many would like to see, the wonderful baby pictures of him."

      The screen changed to the pictures I brought of baby Blake dressed in all pink dresses and a bow headband. His parents where so convinced they where going to have a girl that they only bought girly cloths and his room was pink for a while. Since they had already bought everything they never dressed him like the boy he is until after he grew out of everything.

      All three of us laughed and than they got the signal that they had only a couple of seconds till commercial break.

      "Alright, thank you Sam for coming!"

      Getting up I shook their hands and grinned. "Thank you guys for having me."

      "That's a wrap!"

      Hoda and Savanna rushed over to the table that they say the daily news at and I was escorted back to my dressing room where I grabbed my stuff and headed out.

      I need a cheeseburger , or food. Or both because that was tiring as hell. I don't think I could do that everyday for a job like they do.

      Checking my phone I started to laugh when I saw the angry texts from Blake start to roll in.

      Blake: you suck

      Blake: why that photo?! Why not my first grave soccer one!

      Me: because the pink brings out your eyes

      Blake: your cruel

      Me: there's a reason I'm friends with Anna

      Blake: I knew it! There's no way you could have done that on your own, Anna's dead meat.

      Me: just a little sweet revenge, no need to murder someone

      Blake: your such a tease

      Me: you just figured this out now?

▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note: 142k and 17k reads! Sejdnsgfjns
Love you all <3
🤔Question: what's your most recent emojis?——>
(Mine: 😂😁🤩🍾🇲🇽👏🏻💛😱😖☺️🤔🎉🤮🤣🎊😅🙍🏽‍♀️👌🏼😫😘😆📍😤😏😟❤️😍)
Find your emoji twins! Haha
Comment•Vote•Share