35 | epilogue

Epilogue: the reunion
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
35. Epilogue

      "Black fucking Reed get back here!"

       He stopped and put his arms up while I wheeled my way over to him with a scowl, why did I marry such an imbecile little twerp? I could barely get around this dang school and he was out here trying to race me?

       He turned around when I made it to him and smirked at my hugging of exhaustion. "It's because you love me Clarke—or should I say Reed?"

       I rolled my eyes, he always knew what I was thinking even before I said it, creepy I know. He leaned down and gave me a quick peck on the lips before standing back up and going behind my chair so he could push my wheels chair instead of me.

       Thank god because my arms where about to give out at any moment. Now you may be wondering why I was in a wheeled chair in some unkown area.

       Well I can answer those questions, first, I'm in our old high school trying not to cringe at all the area Blake forced us to go to remind us of 'ours good ole days'. Of course we passed the corner where he pushed me, but Blake says I bumped into him.

       It's up for debate at this point.

       And than theirs the gym where I showed him up, even if you where to ask Blake what happened he would say that he went easy on me.

      Sure, I'll let him think he wears the pants in this relationship.

      "Are you ready to go in?" Blake asked as we finally got to the double doors that lead to the cafeteria.

       I semi-bravely nodded and he propped it open as I wheeled myself in with a smile on my face as I saw our graduating class. I couldn't it in any longer as I speed off leaving Blake behind as I searched for Dustin and Clara—the new family of three.

       "SAM FUCKING REED!"

      Turning around I saw that Dylan was standing next to Dustin and Clara and they where all yelling my name loudly and I shushed them once I got over to where they were.

      Too much attention.

      "What the hell happened to you?" Dylan asked.

      Dylan after freshman year of college struggled to get his shit together when Blake and I left for South Korea that summer. Anna had landed an opportunity to attend University of Sydney Australia and hang with her cousin Jack Snow for a free scholarship and she took it.

      Long distance wasn't an option for them so they broke off, Dylan was now a single Pringle but he was only 28 years old so he wasn't getting too old yet. The last time I heard something was when he met someone at work, I guess they might like each other—I don't know.

      "Sam, we asked a question." Dustin said as he slightly nudged me from my thought bubble.

       I laughed and saw that Blake was next to me now and chuckling under his breath at my stupidity. "They asked what happened." Blake reminded.

       "Oh! Yea, I guess Kurt doesn't like my prosthetic leg and some how melted it in the oven." I said shrugging as I looked at Blake nodding in confirmation.

       "What!" Someone yelled from behind us.

      I looked back and saw Jessica holding a drink in one hand and her phone in another as she strolled over to us wearing a shocked expression. "Since when did you name your son after my Uncle!?" She screeched.

       I cringed and chuckled while nodding. "He was my mentor, it was fitting." I said as she settled next to us.

       Now the group was complete.

      "How old is he now?" Dylan asked.

      Dylan was the best Uncle Dill Dill That Kurt could ever have. They had a ball together and since we lived in Switzerland now, whenever he came for business he would come over and babysit for us without even complaining.

      "9 months now?" I said more in a question than a statement, he was a true trouble maker that's for sure.

       "Ugh, I don't miss that age." Clara said as she sipped her drink. Their son was named Charlie and was the cutest little two year old you ever saw.

       I was the proud godmother!

       Dustin, being the good observer held up his finger and for some reason everyone went quite. "Sam."

       Oh god I was in trouble. "Yea?"

       "Your story doesn't line up."

       Crap.

       Blake looked at me silently asking what he was referring too and I knew that I was caught in my small white-lie.

      "Why aren't you in crutches since your leg is under repair? That's what you did last time." Dustin continued acting like Ted Mosby the detective.

      I sagged my shoulders and looked at Blake. "They said I wouldn't have enough energy to be on crutches."

      Blake didn't know this, I forced him to go to work—where he was a math teacher—and I went to the doctors office, what I didn't expect was that instead of just a quick 'send-the-leg-in-for-fixing' kinda thing they said some pretty surprising news that I still haven't wrapped my head around.

      "Are you sick?" Blake asked as the rest of them watched us with concern and curiosity.

      I shrugged. "Nope, but I am pregnant."

      The whole group went ballistic at the news of our second child, Dylan saying we work fast and Clara saying good luck while Blake just stood there motionless.

      "We're having another kid?" He asked with a tint of hope laced in his voice.

       I nodded and he sprung up and hugged me so hard that I thought the baby might pop out right than and there on the gymnasium floor.

       I couldn't believe this was the life I was living, I had a perfect husband, a perfect life, amazing friends and the cutest friends.

     Jessica piped up this time. "Hey, maybe this time you can name it after me." She joked.

      I shrugged, Jessica was a cute name.

     But I think if it where to be a girl her name would be Robin and if it where a boy his name would be Dylan for sure.

      The loud speaker crackled to life and everyone listened in on what they had to say, everyone, even in our group tuned in.

      "May we welcome our Military onto the stage!"

      Blake and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes. It wouldn't be the first time we've been on stage in this gymnasium, except this time I don't think I'll be beating him in an arm wrestling match any time soon.

▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note: there's the epilogue for ya guys! Hope you enjoyed this (fun to write!) chapter!
Love you guys to the moon and back!
🤔Question: did any of you get the Jack Snow reference?—> if not, go check out my other book The   Physician!
Comment•Vote•Share