19 | beyoncè

(^^Where you lovely readers are from, comment where ya from!—->)
Chapter 19: Beyoncè
Beyoncè: noun: if you don't know the creator of single ladies, than look it up now :)
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
19. Beyoncè

"New York New York!" Dylan sang.

I had to put my earmuffs back on as he sang with a cracked voice as if he was J-Lo.

Personally I think Beyoncé is better, but I guess that's just me. We walked out of the airport with bags in tow and out into the freezing cold air. Anna had played herself on Dylan's back and was yelling 'Home sweet Home' as we tried to find Clara and Dustin in their rental car.

I couldn't wait to see my best friends, not as excited as Anna was though. That girl can scream, I'm warning you now.

We saw their Honda Civic pull up and we rushed in to get out of the cold weather. It was funny that New Yorkers thought the attic storm that consisted of 30 degree weather was cold.

What wimps.

I've seen Minnesota, and even Canada-now those are so some hyperthermic freaks over there. Thinking it's warm when it's -20 outside.

Dustin hopped out and helped pushing our bags into the trunk before everyone piled in.

"Sam gets closest seat to me!" Clara yelled. "Oh and Anna! Boys are in back!"

I giggled, I've missed this girly.

Dylan, and Blake sat in the way back near our bags while Anna and I sat in the middle row with Dustin driving and Clara in shotgun.

The hour drive to the rental house consisted of traffic and Dylan and Blake copying the couple up front. Whatever Clara and Dustin did they did.

Anna couldn't stop laughing when Clara and Dustin held hands and than Blake and Dylan wouldn't stop holding their hands.

When Clara gave Dustin a peck on the cheek, Dylan was all too happy to give one to Blake. Anna had squealed at that. "Get off my boyfriend Blake!"

Dylan chuckled and than gave Anna a peck on the lips. This was gross, I still wasn't used to them being a couple.

I don't think I ever will.

"Eww, how much longer!" I whined like a little kid.

Clara turned towards us in her chair and smiled. "We got here like five minutes ago guys, we where just waiting for you to notice."

We all hurried to get away from the crowded-now way too hot-car and into the place. We got our and I count help but stare at the place they rented.

It was amazing! Small and cozy, but large enough to fit our friend group.

"How did you score this place?" Blake asked Dustin.

"Parents thought it would be a nice place to get. So we got it."

I turned to him. "You mean you bought this place!?"

"Yup."

Have I ever mentioned that Dustin's parents are incredibly rich and had really good jobs that could probably afford five more of these?

It was like friend perks had a new definition.

We all walked in and Clara directed us towards our rooms. There where only three, and since there where two couples and two loners the couples shared a room.

Dylan and Anna got a room at the back of the house and Clara and Dustin got the master. Blake and I got a loner room near the left side of the house next to the masters.

God, I'm going to have to share a room with that doofus.

Screw, my, life.

We walked into the living room after unpacking and all sat down on the living room couch.

It was already four o'clock in New York and I was so tired. Plane rides really drain your battery fast.

Clara chucked a granola bar at everyone and mumbled. "That's all we have, got to go shopping tomorrow."

Everyone said a quick thank you and dug in. Plane food was terrible, even when the altitude numbs your taste buds.

"So how long have you guys already been here?" I asked trying to make small talk,

"A week already." Clara shrugged as if it where nothing.

"Dang girl. Excited for New Year's Eve tonight though?" Anna asked.

Everyone knew that tonight we where going to party, maybe that's why everyone was saving up their energy.

"Hell yea, we are going to my favorite restaurant here and we are going to party hard tonight." Anna added.

The mercy in the room shifted and everyone grew excited with every tick of the clock. Without a second thought everyone jumped up and started to get ready.

Since I still had the pesky crutches I hit everyone in the knee to get to the biggest bathroom that wasn't claimed by Clara and Dustin already.

❁❁❁

Walking out I felt as confident as I could with my leg gone and my armpits chaffing with the poles that kept me up.

I was wearing a black body con dress that showed off my leg and I honestly didn't care. This was going to be a fun night, and I was going to get drunk.

"Wow."

I turned around to see who was there and saw that it was Blake. He was wearing a pale blue button down with khaki pants and his hair was in its usual hair.

I blushed a little bit and smiled. "Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself Reed."

The rest of the group came out of their respected rooms and we where on our way.

New York City was an amazingly beautiful city for New Year's Eve and this was definitely a bucket list item, I just hope that it doesn't go down the drain to fast tonight.

And by that I mean my lunch, down the toilet drain.
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note: guess who's been sick for the past week! Me! Stupid stomach flu is great....ha jk.
🤔Question: favorite movie? —->
Comment•Vote•Share