Full Moon

Chapter 6

After millions of miles passed we were two states away from New York. We also passed the deadline of a week in a few days ago. Thankfully no attacks have been played.

I sneak a glance at Will, he has bags under his eyes and if he would talk to me I would know how tired he must be. Since that night at the motel we haven't spoken anything that we didn't have to.

He said 'Hi' I said 'Hi' and that was the basic conversation. I immediately regretted the way I talked to him and yelled at him. But I won't say sorry first, because then he would win.

That boy does something to me.

I have never gotten angrier with anybody like I have with him. I have never yelled so much and I have never been unable to say sorry for the fear of losing.

I want to hate him, I hate how he makes me act like a completely different person, how he brings out the worst in me. The thing I hate the most is missing talking to him, even if it is to argue.

Will has decided not to stop anywhere else for precautions. So I sleep, eat and stay in the car at all times. The only time he does let me out is when I go to the bathroom. The only reason we have not gotten to New York sooner is because Will's a slow driver.

He's been awake all these days because he lives buying energy drinks, I would drive if I knew how to, just to make him have a break.

Shit.

I clear my throat,"Um.... If you want I can drive," I say in a small unreconizagble voice. Sometimes I think i'm too impulsive. He tenses up and grips the steering wheel tighter, his knuckles are white.

Damn it I knew it was a stupid idea, I should have kept my big mouth shut. Why would he even trust me, he's still mad a- his voice interrupts my thoughts.

"Do you even know the first thing about driving?" He says in a insulting tone and that gets me a bit angry.

"I'm not stupid, there's two pedals in this car which make it automatic. The right one is the accelorator and the left one is the brake." He makes a 'hmm' sound and I hide a proud smile forming on my face.

"Okay. Fine. You wanna drive? Then drive," he moves the car off the road and hits his foot against the brake. I'm glad I had my seatbelt on because I get thrown forward.

I gulp some air and I bite my lip from yelling some curses at him. He gets out and slams the door and I unbuckle myself. I go over to the driver's seat and wait for Will.

He comes in and again slams the door again. Will whips the key on my lap making me jump. I jam it in and turn on the engine. "P stands for park, R is reverse, N is neutral and D is for drive."

I nod,"What's L for?"

"Does it matter?"

If he gonna be mad at me he should do it when I don't have the power to get us in a car crash."Why doesn't L matter? If PRND are important why isn't L?"

He exhales deeply and pinches the bridge of his nose."Focus on the ones I told you, L is for low. Happy?"

I give him a mean grin and he shakes his head. "Very, so..... Now what?" He touches the lever with his finger and I pull down toward drive.

I feel butterflies in my stomach, to all the people I love, goodbye, to this car goodbye for damaging you and to Will sorry for putting you into a hospital.

"Move the wheel to the road while pressing the gas pedal," I will get myself killed. "Wait the what?"

"The accelorator you, idiot!" I ignore his insult and I do as he says. I get on the road and I push the gas pedal gently, the speed giving me a thrill. The air running through my hair, pulling it away from my face makes me feel energetic.