Sun

Chapter 17

Will's hand firmly holds mine as we run through the dark woods. We aren't running from anyone or anything but for the thrill. The place where Will's body meets mine is electricity and it takes over every inch of my body. Will jumps over a log and takes me with him. We both land on the ground, feet first.

As the wind is running through my hair it hits my in the face mentally. I can't last long without it creeping into my head, the thoughts. I stop and Will looks back at me. His hand and mine lay at my side as I can't stop thinking.

"We shouldn't be doing this," I say half-dazed," think about the consequences and my relationship with Char-" He touches my cheek ever so gently. I can't concentrate with his smooth hand against my skin. Those eyes that set me into a trance.

"Tonight let's not think about anything or anybody that opposes us. I want to know every piece of you and I promise we won't do anything that you might feel guilty about," he says almost begging for me. To be able to do anything and not think about the world around me. To have liberty.

"Okay." Will moves his hand away and he runs faster as I follow. My darkness has been clouding my light. I have pushed it away so many times because I was scared of it. The darkness belongs to me. I am his and he is mine. It wants to be free. A chance to breath.

Will can see perfectly in the dark as the moon is our only light because we avoid fallen tree trunks and forest animals. I should turn around and stop committing this mistake. Even though I have not listened to those thoughts they are still in the back of my mind, always waiting.

We ran forever. My ribs and chest are screaming and aching and when we do arrive at the lake Will has to help me up and guide me to the water. He helps me kneel down as I take the water in my hands. I purify it and take many handfulls. I don't stop even when my stomach hurts and I want to hurl. Then I splash it on my face repeatedly.

I sulk down and hug my knees. Will comes down and sits beside me. I watch as his finger trails along the water that reflects the moon. The swaying of the water and the crickets comfort me. I like that it's only us, nobody else can reach us because we aren't in the real world and for the first time I don't worry.

I watch him. He looks so beautiful that i'm afraid if I touch him he'll disappear and I won't ever see him again. He seems unreal, nobody can look like him and be real. Maybe it's the lighting that gives him a illusory appearance.

"Can you tell me something," I say quietly. Tonight is an unreal night, I want to ask everything I feel like and not be guilty. I want to know what keeps him awake at night, I want him to bare himself naked for me.

The light breeze moves his dark hair around and it becomes messy. He stops touching the water and looks up at the lake with the most relaxed expression I have seen since I met him which became the turning point of my life.

"I will tell you everything. What made me. This secret is about the first person I ever loved and who I thought would be the last," that first love that started the first fight we ever had. The one women who broke him and left the scattered parts.

"Her name was Ella. I met her because she was part of my coven. From the minute I laid my eyes on her it was like a spell, the strongest feeling I had ever felt in my life. She was everything," the way he talks about her makes me envy how she can still have that affect on him.

"She felt it too but we kept our attraction controlled. And one day without warning and surprise we fell madly in love with each other, it was her that I woke up for and her I wanted to see before I went to bed, for her I wanted to be a better person," that's the same way I felt for Charlie when he first kissed me.