Orion

Chapter 8

Three years ago...

"So... This is it?"

The warm summer air sauers through my hair, the sun's rays make my head itchy, I hate amusement parks.

"What do you think?" I study Charlie's face. I smile and wrap my arms around his neck. My eyes get lost in his chocolate brown ones.

"I think..," I drag on the word," that this is a first date cliché, though I love it." He beams and his arms encircle my waist. A week ago today he asked me for a date and I thought 'what the heck?' I thought that I wouldn't feel out of the ordinary. My stomach is doing summer saults.

"You know me, a romantic," I chuckle and our lips are so close. "Please a few months ago romantic to you was groping on the the first date." His laugh vibrated through me.

We stared at eachother and my lips brushed against his. The kiss is light and his soft lips make my head spin. It's slow and long that my cheeks turn crimson.

I pull away first and lead him to the ferris wheel. It's overwhelming seeing the gigantic structure looming over me. "Wouldn't it have been more normal if you didn't clear out this whole place for us?" I ask.

Charlie lets go of my hand and jumps into the seat. He beams,"We're witches. Who ever says we're normal?" I smile and sit down beside him. He glides his arm around my shoulders and we start moving.

"So on are 50th anniversary we'll come back, okay?" I raise my eyebrows at him and he laughs. While he looks away, I look at him. His light brown hair ruffles in the air, his warm brown eyes light up with excitement and his lips make me want to kiss him until I can't anymore.

We have known eachother our whole lives and I had never seen him in this light before. Charlie was always, the best guy friend type to me. I could never have imagined us becoming something else.

Being with him makes me feel undescribable emotions. My heart races with the speed of a race car and my whole body fills with different sensations. I have never felt this before and I never want to with someone else.

We stop at the top and the beautiful illuminating lights of the city below us gives the situation more romantic vibes.

"Thank you," I say.

I kiss Charlie's cheek and linger there for a few moments. When I move back he's giving me an unreadable face. "I'm being selfish in keeping you all to myself, don't say 'thank you' because I should be thanking you for spending time with me."

I place my hand on his shoulder. "No one," I say breathless from the proximite," has ever looked at me the way you do. For everyone i'm either that poor homeless orphan or that almost good for nothing witch, you look at me like i'm the center of happiness and love," I explain with tears threatening to spill.

"For me you are that and everything else, after you I have nobody left in this world." His voice cracks at the end and my heart breaks for him.

"Listen," I place my fingers on his chin and move his eyes up to look at me. "You will always have me," and before he can say anything I silence him with another kiss.

He grabs my waist and pulls me roughly against his body, I grab his shirt and make him lean on me.

We kiss for hours and hours and I know we should stop but I don't want to. I have never wanted anything more than I want him now. I want to be his only love, his best friend and everything he needs. I want to erase all the pain from his heart.

I think I love him and I never want to stop.

****

Two years ago...