Centaurus

Chapter 14

I make it through the trees, which takes a long time since it's almost pitch black out. My head still hurts from reading like a maniac. I wonder what time it is?

I hear laughter and shouting. And flicker of light shines on the trees. I follow the noise of the loud music blaring. Before I can fully make it I can already see people pushing each other playfully and make jokes.

I move past them. Well actually they move away from me, forming a long path of eyes staring at me like i'm about to go off. I get to the end and find a bonfire. There are long logs around it with people excitedly talking.

I look around for a place to sit and when I do sit the two people already on it move away to another one. They all give me guarded looks and go back to socializing.

"Tough crowd," I say to Marie who just sat next to me.

Marie bites into her chocolate chip cookie. "It's not you, their just scared if the rogues will come looking for you here." I'm scared too. Marie passes me a cookie and I bite into it. I haven't eaten anything in two days. The last thing I had was a burger.

"So kid where are your parents? I bet they wouldn't want you to be anywhere near me if they were here." Marie finishes her cookie and grabs another one from a tray beside her.

She shrugs,"All the elders of this camp are in Ama's tent discussing some important business," she says. It probably has to do with me.

I take the last bite of my cookie and Marie immediately passes me another one. I nudge her with my shoulder,"Hey have you ever been outside of this place, I mean to the city?"

Marie laughs and cleans her hands on her robe. "My parents even sleep in the same room with me. No, I wish I could I would love to see things. Normal things amd see normal people, I know it's weird," she says shyly.

I take a big bite out of my cookie,"No it isn't," I nudge her,"If your parents ever trust me then maybe I could take you." Marie grins at me and claps her hands excitedly.

"You are the best!," I shake my head and smile,"I can't believe your bodyguard can't see that! I mean that girl isn't even as pretty as you!" My head snaps up and I look over to where her fingers pointing at.

Will is there, in different clothes and his arm is around a pretty brunette. He's laughing and whispering things in her ear that make her blush. She leans in and kisses his cheek.

He looks so.... so happy. I have never seen him like that. So relaxed with his guard down. Even his serious expression that he always has on is gone. Will smiling like that makes him look more attractive.

I feel an ache in my chest. He has never been like that with me, not even when we were dancing. I don't want to be like this when I see him with someone else. She lays her head on his shoulder. They look perfect together. So why do I walk up to them?

When I stop infront of them I regret what i'm doing. Will looks up and so does the girl. He doesn't give me an angry look. "Will can I talk to you alone?"

Her puts his arm around the girl's waist. "Whatever you have to say you can say it with Callie here." He gives me a hard look. Okay, maybe he is still mad. The girl, Callie gives me a smile but I can tell she feels awkward.

"It's okay Will, you can go talk to your friend, i'll be fine," she says and gives him a peck on the mouth. She seems nice, I want to punch her mouth. Will reluctantly gets up. He doesn't look at me but gives a loving look to Callie.

He begins to walk fast and i'm almost jogging to catch up to him. We leave the bonfire behind us as we walk behind many dark tents. We keep walking until he stops at the most perfect spot to look at the lake.