Polaris

Chapter 7

"Hello?"

His voice sends an emotion of pure happiness throughout my body. I breath out a breath that I didn't know I was holding.

He is alive. He is safe. He is healthy. That is all I wanted to know. I know I shouldn't be talking to him and this call could endanger his life but I couldn't resist the urge of hearing him and having him talk to me like one does to a person they love.

"Hey, Charles, it's me," I say in a quiet voice. I can speak up to Will but when I talk to Charlie I go back to being that innocent girl who doesn't do what i've been doing for days.

The other line stays silent and i'm almost afraid that he hung up. "Every? Is that seriously you?" My heart leaps with the eagerness in his tone.

"Yea, I wanted to talk to you. Are you okay?" I twirl the phone cord around my finger, release it then repeat.

"Fantastic! I'm fine and i've been wanting to talk to you since you left," he didn't say since you choose Will.

I nibble on my nail. I have to say it. If we are going to be good again we have to pass this. "Can I just-" we both say at the same time. "I just want to s-" we both say again.

"I wanted to say that i'm sorry for being a jackass and that I wish I was with you right now." My heart flutters. My heart has never done this with anyone. Why can't I say I love him then?

"I want to say that i'm sorry too and that I will never choose someone else over you," I mean every word of it. I glance at Will, he's paying for a meal.

"I'm glad. So has that bodyguard," I can almost see him quoting the word,"Been respectful or has he smacked some part of your body yet?"

I laugh nervously. He hasn't smacked but he has touched me and for some reason telling Charlie that it has only been on my arms and hands doesn't make it better.

"Haha. You know he wouldn't do that," I feel blush filling my cheeks and I rub them. I'm happy that he can still make me blush even when he isn't flirting with me.

"No I don't. Neither do you, you've known the guy for what? Five days?" I don't say anything. He's right, I know absolutely nothing about Will and he knows things that I haven't admitted to myself.

"I won't let him, now can we talk about what's been going on at home?" I secretly hope there hasn't been any attacks. "Same old, nothing exciting or such, I think Piper developing quite a crush on me."

I not much of the jealous type but when he said that my little green monster showed itself. "Hilarious. Seriously your killing me," I say in a monotone voice.

"Lighten up babe, you know I only have eyes for you," I smile at the thought and giggle.

"I'm going to miss our anniversary," I say bluntly, to be exact our three year birthday. I remember that day so vividly, it was the most ridiculous day ever.

"That was the most ridiculous day ever," he says.

"Don't do that!"

"Do what?"

"Say things that i'm already thinking! It's creepy." This occurence has happened many times in the past.

"You know they say that if that happens alot, that person is your soul mate," Charlie says. Most people would find this cheesy and too dumb, I don't.

"Sure, sure. They also say that reading horoscopes is stupid. Enough of that, happy early anniversary." We decided earlier in the year that if we made it to this point I would plan the day for us.