Chapter 2

Ivory sets her camera on the table beside her, turning she reaches for the black and white film. "Where were you yesterday?" Gail, her best friend, asks her.

"Meeting with the boss of the agency I work for." Ivory whispers as she loads her camera.

"Good news meeting or bad news meeting?" Gail asks.

Ivory rolls her eyes, turns and looks at Gail. "You're not going to leave this until lunch are you?" When Gail shakes her head, Ivory sighs. "Good news. Mr. Roberts wants me to be the head photographer in a new venture he's put together. He's taking some of the best male and female models he's got, we'll be traveling all around the world, I'll be photographing them while they're modeling some of the clothes designed by the best designers in the nation." She tells her best friend.

"Oh my God." Gail squeals, throwing her arms around Ivory, hugging her tight. "That's so great. Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"You were out with Louis. I didn't want to interrupt your date." Ivory says. "You know damn well I don't hang with the same crowd as you and him."

"You should, his best friend is a model, he might be one of the guys you'll be working with." Gail smiles.

"Sure and if he is he'll be paying attention to all the female models, not the person behind the camera." Ivory says.

"You know what, doesn't matter, he's dating someone anyway. Another model I think Louis told me." Gail says as they start putting their things away. "I've only met the guy once, he doesn't come around much because of his girlfriend, the other guys don't like her."

"If she's like the ones I have to work with, I don't blame them." Ivory laughs.
....................

Harry slams the door to his apartment then throws his books on the sofa. Walking into the kitchen he grabs a beer chugs half of it before noticing Louis sitting at the table. "What?"

"Nothing. Just haven't seen you do that in a while." Louis says as he leans back in his chair. "Who you pissed at this time? Harry you don't drink much, liquor makes you gain weight."

"Not pissed, just disgusted, I guess." Harry says with a shrug.

Louis kicks the chair next to him out. "Okay, sit. What did DeeDee do this time? I thought you were going to break up with her."

Harry grabs the chair, turns it around so he could straddle it, then sits down. "Oh I did that. She then gets so mad she proceeds to tell me how many times and with who, she's cheated on me with since we've been dating." Harry snaps as he drinks the last of his beer. "I should have known better than to date a co-worker. Shit like that never works."

"Bullshit." Louis snaps. "DeeDee is a bitch. We all see it, me, Liam, Niall, you're the only one who failed to notice until now. Have you not noticed, over the past few years, since you've been dating her, how much you've been ignoring our get togethers? Yeah you'd bring her at first, but she'd whine about not having you to herself, even you stopped coming over. Hell, I've been dating Gail for almost a year and a half and you've only met her once. She didn't even remember your name until Niall brought it up last night.
And as for dating a co-worker being a bad idea? What about Liam and Niall? How do you think I met Gail? It's the person Harry, not the job. DeeDee was just all wrong for you, she tried to control you, and you were letting her. When you meet someone, weather you work together or not, and they're the right person for you, they'll support what you do, let you enjoy your time with friends and family and want to spend that time with you, getting to know them to. Not isolate you."

Harry realizes Louis' right. "You're right, but it doesn't matter now. I'm leaving soon, I won't have time to date. I just hope DeeDee isn't one of the female models going with us." Harry says. "So what are you working on?"

"This is a list for Niall, he and Liam are determined to throw you a going away party. They're having it at their house, I'm thinking about having Gail invite her best friend she's a photographer." Louis says.

Harry shakes his head. "As long as things don't get out of hand, I'm all for it." He says, throwing his empty beer bottle away. "Now I have to study, see you later."