Chapter 3

Ivory sets her brush down and looks in the mirror. She can't believe she let Gail talk her into going to this party with her, the only reason she did is because Gail told her it'd be their own little private going away party for her.

"You ready?" Gail asks from the doorway.

"I guess." Ivory shrugs. "I'm not going to know anyone but you and Louis there anyway." She says as she follows Gail out the door.

"Not true." Gail says. "Liam and Niall are going to be there, they're the ones throwing the party. You know them, and unfortunately a few of the models from the agency you work at are going to be there. Liam thought Harry might want someone there to talk shop with." Gail laughs.

"Great. I'm telling you now Ms. Masters, I hear any bullshit aimed in my direction, I'm out of there." Ivory says.

Gail looks at Ivory. "Tell you what Ms. Moore, if that happens, and no one takes up for you, puts a stop to it. I'll leave with you."

"Deal." Ivory says as they get into her car. "Now where am I going." She asks. Ten minutes later, Ivory parks her car, in a space easy to exit later, a packed full yard. "Wow, I thought you said this would be small."

"I did, that's what I was told. Damn I'll bet Harry's pissed." Gail says as they step through the door, she's looking around for Louis. "Come this way, Louis is over here." Gail yells over the to loud music, grabbing Ivory's arm. "What the hell, I wasn't expecting all this." Gail yells when she reaches Louis' side.

"Yeah me either. Follow me, it's to fucking loud in here." Louis says, grabbing Gail's hand, pulling her through the room and out the back door. "Whew, that's better. At least my eyeballs aren't bouncing out here." He laughs. "Hey Ivory."

"Hey Louis." Ivory says as she looks around. When she sees several of the models from work who gives her a hard time she rolls her eyes.

"Where's the guest of honor?" Gail asks.

"Right here." Harry says as he steps up next to Louis. "Hi Gail, how are you?"

"Hey Harry, I'm fine. This is my best friend Ivory." Gail says. "Ivy, this is Harry, he's a male model."

"Really? With Roberts Agency?" Ivory asks.

"Yeah, been there for about four years now." Harry says.

"Oh. I've never seen you there." Ivory says, with a shrug. "But then I do work with the female models the most."

"Wait! You work there?" Harry asks.

"Yeah, for the past two years. I'm a photographer." Ivory says and is about to say more when a voice she's really beginning to hate speaks up.

"And she's not that great." DeeDee snaps as she walks up. "Always complaining, saying we are the ones not doing our jobs right, when she's the amateur here."

Ivory rolls her eyes. "Okaaaay. And you coming in late to just about every shoot bragging about your horny boyfriend not letting you leave on time isn't why all our shoots start late." Ivory says, not realizing Harry was the boyfriend.

Harry chokes on his beer hearing that. "Like hell. I get to work on time every day, even when I had class. Who the fuck caused you to run late?" Harry snaps, pushing DeeDee's hand off his arm. "Oh, that's right you were cheating on me." Harry says, rolling his eyes. "Shove off DeeDee you weren't invited, neither were your nasty friends. We don't tolerate bitchy bullies at our parties." Harry says, he then turns to Ivory. "So tell more about this job you do." He says, throwing his arm over her shoulder leading her away from everyone else.

"Harry that won't work." DeeDee yells. "There's no way in hell you'll date someone as ugly as her, not after being seen with someone like me."

Harry spins around and drills DeeDee with a look that has her stepping back. "Don't. Don't let me ever hear you call anyone ugly ever again, no one is ugly." Harry snaps, almost in tears. "Everyone, in their own special way is beautiful. And Ivory more so than most people I've ever seen, even you. Now get away from me. I told you last week I was done with, you just proved why. Come on Ivy, we'll talk over here." Harry whispers as he takes her hand, leading her away.

When they get to a corner of the yard and sit down, Harry puts his elbows on his knees and looks down at the ground. Ivory could tell he's upset, didn't want to intrude, but he did pull her along. Placing her hand on Harry's shoulder, Ivory leans forward slightly, so she can see his face. "Want to tell me what all that was about?" She asks softly.

Harry shrugs. Then just talks. "When I was three my mom gave birth to the cutest baby brother a guy could ask for. My sister and I were over the moon when Adam was born, but he wasn't "normal" as people were quick to say. Adam was down syndrome, but God I loved that kid. We did everything together when he got old enough." Harry says, picking up Ivory's hand, playing with her fingers. "Everywhere I went Adam was right there with me, one day my mom picked us all up from school, I was eight, Gemma was eleven, my Adam was five. We all went to the local water park." Harry raises his head then, looks at Ivory. "Adam drowned, I guess that's why I am the way I am. Where some people saw ugly and stupid, I saw my beautiful baby brother." Harry says with tears in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry." Ivory whispers. "Can I show you something?" When Harry nods, Ivory pulls out her phone and brings up a picture of her and her younger brother. "This is my pride and joy, my reason for doing what I do. My brother Andy." Ivory shows Harry the picture of her and her down syndrome brother.

Harry just smiles and hugs her." Thank you." He whispers.