Chapter 35

Jeongyeon POV

"You can go visit her, she's awake now" the nurse bowed and gestured me to go inside the room.

I was so nervous that my heart wouldn't stop beating fast. The nurse opened the door for me, and I slowly entered the room. I saw Chaeyoung on her bed looking at me with eyes full of pain.

I sat down beside her.

"Chaeyoung ah, I'm here" I said softly.

Unexpectedly, Chaeyoung looked at me with a questioning expression.

"Who are you?"

My heart stopped.

'Oh shit, did she really lose her memory? This can't be happening'

My eyes got teary really quickly and I was about to cry when Chaeyoung suddenly started laughing.

I looked at her with a shocked and confused expression.

I started questioning if her medicin was weed or cocaine.

"Gotcha" she laughed hysterically.

"Goddammit Chaeyoung, you're making a joke even though you're in a serious condition. When will your life ever be serious?" I was a little mad at her, because I fell for her trick.

"Sorry" she answered still laughing at my shocked face.

I eyerolled her.

"But seriously though, I never expected you to visit me unnie" she said with a surprised tone.

"Of course I'll visit my No Jam hyung. I told ya I won't leave your side, right?"

"Of course" she chuckled.

"I can't wait for your humorous ass to come home" I said looking at all the machines she was attached to.

"And I can't wait for you to stop being a lovey dovey daddy to Momo. It's cringe" Chaeyoung tried pulling her serious face up, but failed.

"Oh, the one who made couple rings is talking" I said smirking at Chaeyoung.

"At least it ain't cringe like your relationship" Chaeyoung hissed.

"Whatever" I answered. How I love my No Jam bro.

Yes, we're always like this. Roasting each others relationship like that. But that's how No Jam's are, right?

After a while, the doctor came in.

"Surprisingly, her condition is already getting better. She just needs a few checks and then she'll be able to return home by afternoon"

I highfived Chaeyoung.

For the first time ever, I felt happy after a long time. All this time my hyung was in pain, I felt angry and depressed. I never thought that I would be able to see Chaeyoung again. But now that I'm seeing her wide smile, I feel so relieved.

I stayed with her till it became late so I could take her home. Sometimes I just feel like Chaeyoung is my child. I smile just by seeing her happy. And I love protecting her from dangers, even though she got em biceps. She's in my description, a soft beast. A wild tiger, but a smol creature.

We eventually left the hospital and went back to the dorm.

Momo POV

Mina looked sad at me and I knew how she felt. Seeing her feeling like this when Chaeyoung wasn't beside her, made me remember the time when Jeongyeon and I broke up. It was truly heartbreaking, and I could understand every word Mina spoke to me.