Chapter 8

*Stacey's POV*

"Wakey wakey!" Someone was jumping on my bed. I groaned and threw a pillow at them. "Hey." They threw it back and continued to jump. I found the suspects leg and kicked whoever it was. "Ow," they moaned.

"Sorry." I mumbled tiredly. I sat up and stretched. "What time is it?" I looked down and saw Shay sitting on the floor.

"6:30."

"Um excuse me. Why are you waking me up at 6:30 in the morning?" I helped him up.

"Well Hunter and the others already left, but Hunter has a photoshoot this morning, Danielle has an interview and Dan is with Hunter. Hunter told me to get you up and come with you to the photoshoot. Dan and I are spending the day watching Hunter take pictures, then sound check, then show time baby!" I laughed and shook my head.

"Okay well give me 15 minutes and I'll be ready." He sat on Hunter's empty bed and watched me. I grabbed some clothes and walked into the bathroom. I heard Shay groan then laugehd. "What? Did you think I was going to change in front of you? Nice try." We both laughed.

"Nah. You're like a little sister to me." I changed into blue skinny jeans and a black and blue plaid shirt and my cowboy boots. I french braided my hair back and put on cover-up.

"Ready!" I cooed and ran out the bathroom.

"Wow, that was fast. Let's go, the limo is outside waiting." I followed him out the door and to the elevator. "So you and I are really close. You are like my little sister and well I know I've never really asked this. So can I know about your past?"

I sighed and started to tell him. "Well it all started when I was about 14. My mom got remarried, to my step dad and well my stepdad, I guess he felt like I was competition because I was really close to my mom and stuff. He would abuse me, bully me, and I wasn't great at making friends anyways. So well I never grew up with friends, that's why I was pretty close to my mom. He would tell me I was worthless, then once I got in the 8th grade kids at school started with me and would bully me and shit. Well the bruises came from my step dad and some kids at school. and I've tried killing myself a couple of times, but my step dad would never let me. He always wanted to keep me alive so he could abuse me." I picked at my nails and we got in the limo.

"That is messed up. Well Hunter, I, Dan, Shay, and Danielle will all protect you. We won't let anything happen to you." He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me. I hugged him back and sighed. I wiped away the tears that just feel from my eyes and faked a smile.

"Thank you." I put on a smile and the limo pulled outside of a studio. Shay helped me out and we walked inside. Once inside, I saw cameras and lights everywhere. When I saw Hunter he smiled and walked over to me.

"Hey, sleep well?" He asked.

"Yes. Did you sleep well?" I asked him.

"Yes." He smiled.

"Hunter, you ready?" the photographer asked him. He nodded his head and walked off. I sat beside Dan and Shay and watched Hunter's photoshoot.

"Stacey, Shay told me what happened with you in your past. I want you to know that I'm always here for you." Dan patted my back.

"Thanks." I said and glanced at Shay.

*Hunter's POV*

The photoshoot finished early and we all decided to go out for lunch. Danielle and Gracelyn met us at a mexican place and we all sat down and ordered. We waited for our food and I noticed Gracelyn glaring at Stacey. "Did you sleep nice Gracelyn? You slept all morning." I asked her.

"Yup, just peachy." She smiled and looked over at me.

"That's good." I smiled and gave her a 'leave Stacey alone' look. About 5 minutes later the food came and we all ate in silence.

"I'll be back. Going to the restroom." Stacey got up and walked off.

"Me too." Gracelyn followed her and my eyes followed them, closely. This wouldn't end well, I could already tell. Gracelyn is seriously jealous of Stacey.

It's been about 10 minutes, Gracelyn and Stacey haven't returned yet. I was getting worried and I couldn't walk into the bathroom. "Danielle? Could you do me a favor please?" Shay looked at me, worried also.

"Yeah, what is it?" She smiled.

"Can you go check on Stacey and Gracelyn for me?" I asked her. She wipped her face and nodded. She took a sip of her drank and stood up. She walked off and towards the bathrooms.

*Danielle's POV*

"Leave me alone." I looked in the bathroom and saw Gracelyn had Stacey in the corner.

"Stay away from Hunter, understand?" she slaped her and I cleared my throat. "Oh, Hey Danielle."

"Yeah, hey, get out." I pushed her out and ran over to Stacey. "Is everything okay?" She shook her head no and cried. "I'll go get Hunter." I ran out to the table and the boys looked at me worried. Gracelyn smirked at me and rolled her eyes. "It's Stacey." They got up and ran to the bathroom. I guarded the door so no one would come in and they looked at her.

"Stacey!" Hunter hugged her. "What happened?"

"It's nothing. I just, umm slipped." I looked at her and shook my head. She looked down. "Gracelyn, she hit me," she mumbled. Shay and Hunter helped her up and we walked out.

"Gracelyn, we need to talk." Hunter grabbed Gracelyn's hand and walked outside. Shay helped Stacey out to the limo and we went back to the hotel.

"Dan get her some ice." Dan walked down the hall to the ice machine and got some ice for her. Shay looked at the bruises and marks and sighed. "It'll be okay." I sat and watched. How could Gracelyn do this? Yeah, I know Gracelyn is the jealous type with EVERY girl, even me, but I never thought she would stoop this low.

Dan returned with the ice and Shay placed it on her head. "Thank you," she mumbled. I got her some pain medicine and she took it. We all sat in silence, waiting on Hunter and Gracelyn to return.