Chapter 17

*Hunter's POV*

"You messed up Shay." I looked at him and crossed my arms. "Just let her be." I pulled him back.

"I can't help it. I can't help who I like and who I fall for. I just wish she would see that." Shay said.

"But you can help who you date. How would you like it if Stacey dated someone who hates you?" I guess Shay got my point.

"Just tell her I'm sorry and that I'll leave her alone from now on." Shay walked out of the house and got in his car. I decided to let Stacey have her time and let her have a little walk. She won't go to far.

*Couple of Hours later*

I was woken up by the buzzing of my phone. I answered it sleeply. "Hello?"

"Hi." Stacey said on the other side.

"Stacey?! Where are you? It's getting late. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Calm down Hunter." She laughed.

"Then where are you? Are you lost?" I asked her, trying not to laugh.

"Um about that; I am very lost." I told her I'll be there in a few to get her. She told me her surrondings and I got in my car. I checked the time and it was 9 at night. Wow, she has been fone for a while. I picked her up and drove to McDonalds. We walked inside and got something to eat. We sat at the table in the back corner, away from every one. So they wouldn't notice me. "Thank you for picking me up." Stacey whispered.

"You're welcome. I wouldn't leave you stranded." We ate our food in silence. "Ready to go?" I asked her. She nodded her head and we walked out to my car. I helped her in and I got in the drivers seat. "You okay baby?"

"Just peachy." I could tell she was lying, but I didn't push it. I parked outside of my house and we walked inside. I led her up the stairs and we went into my room.

"Don't ever run off like that again." She nodded her head, understanding me. She changed into yoga shorts and a tank top. She laid on the bed and did something on her phone. I could tell she was really upset. "Do you want to be alone?"

"It doesn't matter." I changed into basketball shorts and laid down beside her on the bed. "Goodnight." I kissed her head.

"Goodnight." I said and clicked off the lamp on the side table. She turned away from me and fell asleep.

I sighed quietly and fell asleep also.

*Stacey's POV*

How could he? My best friend. Someone I gave my trust to. He betrayed me! Hurt me! "Stacey where are you going?" My worried boyfriend asked me.

"Just out. I want to be alone right now." I slipped on my toms and left his house. If Hunter knew I was meeting up with Gracelyn he would kill me. I met her at the mall, I choose this place because there are loads of people, more witnesses.

"You showed," she smirked at the sight of me.

"Why wouldn't I?" i asked.

"Thought you would chicken out. What do you need to talk about?" She asked me. "And can we make it quick? Shay and I have a movie date tonight." She smiled, trying to get under my skin.

"Why do you hate me? Why are you so mean to me? I didn't do anything to you. Do you see me as some threat?" I asked her.

"You took Hunter away from me. The only person who ever cared about me." I rolled my eyes.

"You took Shay away from me!" I shouted a little to loud at her.

"Doesn't feel to great now does it?" I rolled my eyes.

"Do you honestly care about Shay or are you just doing it to hurt me?" I asked her.

"Just to hurt you. But if you tell him that I will physically hurt you." She threatened. I got up and started to walk out of the mall. "Don't walk away from me." She grabbed my wrist, squeezing it.

"Let me go." She shook her head.

"No one walks away from me. We are not for talking yet." She pulled me away from the group of people, into a small alley. "Stay away from Hunter and I will stay away from Shay." She tried to compromise. I shook my head no.

She raised her hand and balled it in a fist. I back away a little as her fist made contact with my face. I fell to the ground and she hit me away. "You know the deal." she kicked my body then walked away, leaving my numb body on the ground.

***

My phone buzzed and I answered it. "H-hello?" I stuttered.

"Stacey?" Shay's voice answered in concern.

"What d-do you want Sh-Shay?"

"Are you okay?" he asked me. His voice shaking.

"Why would you care? You have a movie date tonight. Go have fun!" I shouted at him through the phone.

"Where are you?" I told him, quietly and he hung up. Great, he would tell Hunter or show up himself. I don't want Hunter to know and I also don't want Shay to show up. I laid, hugging my knees close to my chest while still on the ground. I let the tears spill out and my body hurt. I wanted to scream, wanted all the pain gone. I couldn't. I didn't want to cause a scene. Too many people at the mall would come to the sound of my screams. I do not want that to happen.