Chapter 19

*Hunter's POV*

I pulled out of the kiss slowly and looked Stacey in the eyes. "Wow." I muttered. 

"Wow." She repeated. 

We stared at each other, just smiling like idiots. 

"We should um, we should get going. Before someone recognizes you." I intertwined my fingers with her's and we walked off to my car. I held the passenger door open for her and she got in. I closed it behind her, then walked over to the driver side. I got in and started the engine. We sat in silence on the way back to my house. 

I glanced over at Stacey and she was starring out the window. She looked like she was in deep thought. "You okay?" 

"Uhh what?" She looked over at me. 

"You okay?" I asked again. 

"Yeah." She smiled. 

"Okay beautiful." She smiled slightly and looked out the window again. Something is wrong with her, but she isn't telling me. "So what happened at the mall? Why were you in an alley way?"

She looked down at her hands before speaking. "I went to talk to Gracelyn, We were inside the mall, but I tried to leave. She wouldn't let me. She dragged me into the alley way to finish our conversation. Well we ended up yelling and well she umm." I waited for her to finish speaking. "She told me that she doesn't like Shay, that she is just using him to get to me. That she is just using him to bring me down. Well umm I yelled at her and she didn't like that. She hit me and kicked me." She mumbled the last part, but I still understood. 

"She didn't. She's never done that before." 

"But she did. She does it to me all the time. She hates me." She looked out the window again. 

"I can talk to her."

"That's the point no one is getting." She yelled a slightly. "You've tried talking to her, but haven't you noticed that it's not helping! She wants me gone. She wants me out of her way. She's jealous of me."

"Why would she be jealous?"

"Because I've taken you from her. She hates me. She is going to do anything she can to get me gone. I've been in this place before. I've been here. I know what it is like to have someone trying to get rid of you. It hurts, and eventually it works. Eventually she will be the only thing left. She will have her way. I don't know if I can keep doing this anymore. I don't know if I can keep taking this pain. I thought if I came on tour with you things would be different, but it is exactly the same as it would be back home." I parked the car infront of my house and we both got out. Standing out front. "How am I suppose to compare to her? How am I suppose to continue to live like this? I want my life to be something more than just this. I'm tired of living a life that I do not want to live. I want to choose my own life, choose my own path, and most of all choose who I want to be, not have others choose for me. I'm not just some toy that people can mess with and hurt."

"What are you saying?" I asked her, trying to hold back tears. 

"I think I should just go home." She said and walked inside and upstairs. 

"Stacey, don't do this." I called after her. She shut the door and locked it. I paced outside the door, hoping she would open it, but she never did. "Stacey, please talk to me." 

"Go away." She shouted and I listened this time. I walked out on the back porch and starred down at my phone. I dialled Shay's number and he answered on the 3rd ring. 

"What's up?" he said through the phone. 

"Can we talk? I need your help." I asked, nervousness shaking in my voice. 

"What is it?"

"Okay well. Stacey is going home. She's leaving."

"Why? What happened?" He asked, worridly. 

"Gracelyn. She told me that if she just leaves she won't be in the way of Gracelyn. She said that Gracelyn is just using you to get to her and that if she leavs everything will go back to the way it was." Tears pricked in my eyes. 

"Have you tried talking to her?"

"Yes, she won't listen to me. Do you think you can come and talk to her?" 

"What makes you think she will listen to me? You know she hates me?"

"Please Shay?"

"Fine. I'll be there in 10."

*Stacey's POV*

I heard Hunter's phone call with Shay and I grabbed my bags. I left the house, quietly, leaving anote on Hunter's bed from me. I got a cab and he drove me to the airport. "Thank you." I paid him and got out. I got my bags and went through the doors. 

I glanced behind me and sighed. "Bye." I whispered to the beautiful city of Nashville and got my bags in and sat down, waiting on my flight to load. 

I put in my headphones and turned on the music just enough to hear and be able to hear for my flight. 

*Shay's POV*

Hunter answered his front door and let me in. "First room on the right upstairs." I smiled and walked up the stairs. Hunter watched me, not wanting to disturb anything. I knocked on the door, getting no answer. I decided to try and see if it was open I turned the handle and pushed the door open, revealing an empty room. "Stacey?" I searched in the bathroom, not finding her there either. 

I saw a paper on the bed and I picked it up, reading what was written on it. I sighed as I read it. 

Dear Hunter or whoever reads this

Sorry. But this is for the best. By the time you read this I will be on my plane, going back to Virginia. I loved what we had while it lasted. Everything is meant to have an end, and well this is our end. 

I'm not saying this is how it will be forever, maybe one day our paths will cross again. Maybe you will find your one true love. The one who shows you what it is like to love again. Maybe you will find the one to replace me. Please try and move on, fall in love again. Fall in love with someone who won't hurt you like I did. 

I'm sorry I ever came into y'all's lives. I am truly sorry that this is how it all had to end. It was good while it lasted. I'm not doing this because of you, I'm doing this because of me. I'm doing this so no one will have to deal with my drama anymore. 

Please do not come after me and please be happy without me. I'm just a thing of the past. 

Goodbye,

Stacey