Chapter 25

*Hunter's POV*

I lifted up my head and looked infront of me. My eyes went wide. "Stacey..." She smiled and bit her lip. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought about this long and hard. I missed you and I needed to come back."

I looked at her, she had pretty new bruises and marks, like they were done today. "Your dad abused you didn't he? Did your brothers?"

"My dad did. My brothers don't. Sometimes they stick up for me, but rarely." She looked down.

"Stacey, I told you not to go back there. I knew this would happen. Why?"

"Hunter, I had no where else to go and here was the last place I wanted to be at the time. I'm sorry." She walked over to me and hugged me. "I missed you."

"So you're not mad at me anymore?"

"No, of course not. I love you."

"I love you too. Does Shay know you're back?" I asked her.

"Not yet. I was going to go over there later tonight and surprise him. like I surprised you." She smile.

"This is the best surprise ever. Thank you so much." I smiled. "I missed you so much." Tears formed in my eyes, happy tears.

"Awe, you're crying Hunter." Stacey smiled.

"It's happy tears. I just can't believe you're back." I hugged her tight. "Let's go inside and get you settled in." I held her hand and we went inside.

*Stacey's POV*

I texted Dan letting him know I would be there at 8. I told him to be outside waiting on me and not to tell Shay. I want to surprise Shay.

He said okay and I got settled into Hunter's place. "I'm going to shower before I go over to Dan and Shay's." Hunter nodded and I grabbed my phone and walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I clicked shuffle for my music and I turned on the water and got in.

I washed my hair and cleaned my body. I got out and wrapped a towel around my body and put on in my hair. I walked out into Hunter's room and got some clothes from the doors I was assigned. I put on some skinny jeans, a tan colored tank top with a black cardigan over top, and I put on my favorite pair of toms.

"Hunter, I'm gone!" I shouted to Hunter before walking out the front door. I walked down the drive way to the street. Their house is about 2 blocks away, shouldn't be that long of a walk. It took me about 10 minutes to walk to their house. Dan was outside and he smiled as he saw me. I hugged him.

"Ready?" He asked me.

"I guess. He has to know that I am back." I took a deep breath and followed Dan inside.

"Wait right here."

"Shay," he walked in and stood between him and the tv. "I've got a little surprise." He clicked off the tv. I walked down the hall revealing myself in the tv room. Shay turned and he smiled.

"Stacey." He ran over to me and hugged me. He picked me up and twirled me around.

"Hi Shay." I laughed a little and he put me down.

"Are you back for good?" I nodded my head and smiled a little. "What's wrong?"

"Dan can we get some privacy?" He smiled and walked into his bed room. "Look, yes I am back, but things are going to be different. I'm upset with you and I don't completely trust you. We're probably not going to be as close as we were before, well for a while atleast. I just want to know that I can trust you and that you won't betray me again. I love you Shay, I do and I miss our friendship, but you still hurt me a lot. That's something that will be hard to get over. I've been hurt so much in my life and that one friend that I had and that I thought I could trust betrayed me and broke my trust. I should have seen it coming, all my friendships end like this. I am sorry that I left and I am sorry that I got mad at you, but Shay." Tears formed in my eyes. "You hurt me, you broke me, and you turned out like everyone else. You're a great friend and I miss how close we were, but we won't be that close for a while. You need to prove that you won't break my trust again. The fact that it took me to leave for you to see that Gracelyn was just using you. You didn't believe me until then. That is what hurt the most. I'm sorry Shay." He wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Stacey, can I be honest with you about something?" I nodded, telling him to continue. "I like you, I like you a lot, hell I think I might even be in love with you. Seeing you with Hunter it kills me, I know I could've been that guy. I should've told you the first time I got this feeling. I screwed up and I wish I could go back and change how things went. I never meant to hurt you this much. I actually did think that Gracelyn did care about me, but now I know she never did. I hurt you and I hate myself for it. I was so stupid, I should've just listened to you. I hate myself for what I have done to you. I can't stand to see you like this. I've blamed myself for all of this. I'm sorry."

"Shay, I don't know what to say. I'm with Hunter."

"Then don't say anything." He looked at me and kissed me. I kissed back , but them quickly pushed him away.