Chapter 33

*Hunter's POV*

Dan and Shay left about a hour ago. Stacey has been reading the letter over and over again and looking through the pictures on my phone.

I leaned against the wall, watching her every move. I smiled at her and she smiled back. She went back to looking at the pictures of her and I. I could really tell that she wanted to remember, that this is killing her to. My hardest isn't good enough, I wish none of this ever happened. I wish I could go back in time and change things.

I would've never left her alone, sitting on the ground. Nor would I have yelled at her. Yes, when she remembers things, she'll remember what happened. But that doesn't bother me. I want her to know, she deserves to be mad at me. I yelled at her, she got scared of me, like I was about to hit her. I shook the image out of my head and looked back over at her. She was looking at me now. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes, just thinking." I smiled and she went back to what she was doing. She looks so peaceful, like she doesn't have a care in the world. She also looked frustrated. Who isn't though? Everyone is. It's hard not to be with what is going on all around us.

We all just wanted our Stacey back. The carefree and outgoing one. The one who isn't afraid to speak her mind. Stacey was never afraid to say what was on her mind or afraid to achieve her goals. I have to say, she's a tough one.

"Hunter?" I heard her say and I walked over to her. "Who's this?" she asked, showing me a picture of a girl and I.

"That's um, Gracelyn. The girl I was telling you about that tried to get rid of you." I mumbled and looked down. She sighed.

"Oh."

"Yeah, but she's gone now. For good." I saw a very small smile appear on her face, then disappear. "What's wrong?"

"Why do people hate me?" was all she asked. I didn't know how to answer. I don't know why people hate her.

"I'm not sure. I guess they are just jealous of you for some reason. Some people are strange."

"Oh, okay." she continued and finished looking at the pictures. "Do people not like me because I'm messed up and not perfect?" She asked me.

"No one's perfect. We all have our flaws. This just happens to be one of yours. You're not messed up. You just had a bad day, it just wasn't your day and this is your outcome." I smiled, trying to help her feel better in anyway.

An idea popped in my head. I walked off and came back holding my guitar. I started strumming 'Invisible' hoping that maybe this will jog some memories. I sang the song and played the guitar. Stacey just stared at me, amazed. She smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back.

She watched me, with a smile on her face. She has seemed happier since she's gotten out of the hospital, but I know when she remembers everything she won't be this happy anymore.

"Yeah, and you're not invisible

Hear me out,

There's so much more to life then what you're feeling now

And someday you'll look back on all these days

And all this pain is gonna be invisible

It'll be invisible"

I finished the song and sat my guitar in the chair. "So, anything?" I asked her, hoping that it helped in someway.

She shook her head no. "Nope, sorry." She sighed and looked at me. "I wish this could be easier."

"Me too." I said and gave her a smile.