Chapter 24

*Shay's POV*

It's been about 2 months since Stacey went back to Virginia. Hunter's tour is over and we are all on break again. Dan and I would be going on tour with Blake Shelton in a few weeks.

Hunter is mad at me because I'm basically the reason that Stacey left. Yes, he has some play in it, but I'm the major cause. I hate myself for it. I should've just listened to her in the first place, this wouldn't have happened. This is all my fault. Stacey was my best friend, I should've listened, but I was just to caught up in the moment.

"Shay want to go to the batting cage with Danielle and I?" Dan asked me.

"Yeah, sure." I have to get out and do as much as possible to keep myself from thinking about why I hate myself. I slipped on my shoes and we walked out to Dan's car. We had to pick up Danielle, but then we headed to the batting cages.

"Danielle, you actually have to swing the bat to hit the ball." I laughed. She turned and gave me a evil look.

"I know." She laughed and started to hit some balls, she's not the best at it, but hey she is enjoying herself. Once Danielle was done, Dan went next. I have to say Dan could have a career in baseball, he only missed like 2 balls.

I went last and did pretty horrible, everything that happened is just pulling me down. "Shay, she'll be back. You have to stop depressing yourself out about it." Dan patted me on the back. "Want to head home?" I nodded my head. Dan drove back to our apartment and I went to my room. "He's really upset about this." I heard Dan tell Danielle.

I punched my wall and tried to call Stacey. This is the first time I've tried to contact her for a month and a half.

*Hunter's POV*

I sat on the pier of the lake. My feet were hanging off the edge and I was staring out into the lake. I miss Stacey so much, 2 months, 2 freaking months. This is all my fault. If I would've just stood up for Stacey and not Gracelyn, then she would still be here. I'm so stupid.

I took out my phone and opened the twitter app. I started on a new tweet.

@HunterHayes
Everyone makes mistake, but my mistake was huge. I wish I could go back and fix how things went. @Stacey_ever_after

I sighed, not knowing what I could do to get her to come back. She's not listening to me, nor Shay anymore. I mean, yeah her and Dan still talk every once in a while, but she doesn't even bring us up.

I looked over at the setting sun, wondering if I should fly back to Virginia and see if she will talk to me yet. I mean it's been about a month or so since I've last tried tlaking to her, she wanted space, right? Well, now I need her. I know she needs me.

The place she is in right now, it's not the place she should be. Right now she is probably being abused or whatever her dad does to her and no telling what her brothers do to her.

I sighed and slipped on my shoes. I stood up and took one last look at the lake. I turned around, my head hanging down. I feel so ashamed of myself.

I looked up and my eyes went big. "Stacey..."