Chapter 37

*Hey guys! Before I start this chapter I want to say some things!

Well, I'm hoping to start ending this story soon and starting a new one, not so sure what about yet. I'm hoping to end it before school starts, which is less than a week away. But if not, I promise to atleast try and update once every day, or every other day.

Thanks again for reading, voting, and leaving your comments. I really appericate it. It means a lot to me.

I hope you all enjoy it and that you will read my other stories, I know this is my only Hunter story, but hey, you can adventure into something else. Thanks again!

*****

*Stacey's POV*

I looked at Gracelyn, then back to Shay. "So?" Gracelyn asked me.

"I, just, I umm. Well yes." I siged and looked down.

"You sure? You don't seem so positive?" Shay asked me.

"I'm positive." I stood up. "I should get to a hotel or something." Shay stopped me. "What?"

"You can stay here."

"I should get going though. I'll talk to you guys later." Gracelyn stood up and walked out of the door.

"Alright bye." Shay said and I waved. She shut the door and I looked at him. "I can't stay."

"Why can't you?" He asked me.

"I'm trying to fix things with Hunter and staying here isn't going to make things much better. He still hates you." I told him.

"Yeah, but just for tonight. It's getting late out and I'll drive you to a hotel tomorrow and pay for your room."

"I can't. Thanks for the offer, but I can't." Dan walked in and looked at me.

"May I ask why Gracelyn was just leaving our apartment complex?"

"She's changed and her and Stacey where talking."

"Oh, hey Stacey." Dan smiled. "I'll be in my room talking to Kayla.

"Them two are still together huh?" I asked.

"Yeah, look hey. She is coming up to surprise him but no one is allowed to tell him."

"That is so sweet. They just need to get married already."

"I hate to admit this, but so do you and Hunter." I shrugged and looked down. "Sorry, it's true though." He pushed the hair from my face behind my ear. I looked away.

"Well, I will sleep on the couch."

"No I can. You can have my bed." I shook my head no. Shay looked at me and I gave in. "Fine." We said our goodnights and I went into his room. I shut the door and laid in the bed. I stared at the ceiling and sighed.

I rolled over on my side and looked at my phone. It's almost 4 in the morning. I've been up almost all night, not able to sleep. At about 7 I got up quietly and went to go take a shower. I got dressed and walked outside. I saw a note and a box adressed to me. I walked inside and back into Shay's room. I opened up the letter and read it.

Dear Stacey,

This is for you. I made the biggest mistake of letting you go. Just follow these steps and please forgive me?

Put on what is in the box and follow the scavenger hunt.

I opened up the box and sat the first clue that was sitting on top a side. I pulled out the dress. It was beautiful. It was white, lace at the top. Hooked in the back and it had a light blue bottom.

I put it on and looked at the shoes in the box. I slipped on the blue flats, that math the dress and I put on the necklace Hunter gave me. It was a heart, with my birthstone in the middle, amethyst. I left my hair natural, beach wave like. I put on foundation to hide the marks on my face and arms. I put on light eyeliner and mascara. I put on a clear lip gloss and looked at myself in the mirror. I smiled a little, I haven't looked this good, in well god knows how long. I picked up the clue and grabbed my phone. "I'll be back." Dan and Shay both looked at me, amazed.

I laughed and walked outside. I unfolded the clue and looked at it.

This is the place where we shared our first memory.

I thought for a minute. What could he be talking about? Our first kiss? Hmm, That's it! The park! I ran off to the park and looked around for the next clue. I found one at the top of the hill taped onto a tree.

This is where we had our first terrible memory

Our first fight. I went to the studio and looked around. The guy at the front handed me a flower with a folded paper attatched. I opened it and read it.

This is where everything changed.

Where did everything change? I thought to myself. The bridge. I went to the bridge and found anotehr paper.

Last, but not least, this is where we took our first ride together. Saddlle up hun.

I went to Hunter's place and one horse was saddled up, while the other one was missing. I got on the horse and went down the trail that Hunter and I first went on. I made it to the end. It was a little hill/cliff that looked out over the valley and the country of Nashville. I got off my horse and tied him up next to Hunter's. I turned around and there stood Hunter. In black kahkis and a white t-shirts. His hair was in his normal, messy way.

"What is this?" I asked him.

"Where do I start?" Hunter looked down then at me. "You are everything a guy could ever ask for. You're beautiful, funny, smart, amazing, and so much more. When I'm with you the whole world stops. When I hear your name, I get butterflies. You are my whole world, my life. Without you I'm nothing. Letting you go was the worst mistake of my life. How could I have been so stupid? Meeting you was the best thing that has ever happened to me. You are special and I can't believe that I ever let you go. I can't be without you. When you jumped off of that bridge that day, something inside of me died. I was scared that I was going to lose you. I wouldn't be able to live without you. I feel in love with you from the moment that I met you." I looked at him, tears forming in my eyes. He pulled something out of his pocket and looked down at his hands. "Will you Stacey, do me the honor and marry me?" He got down on one knee and I started to cry.

"Yes. I will." He put the ring on my finger. He stood up and I hugged him tightly. He picked me up and spun me in a circle. "I love you Hunter."

"I love you so much more Stacey." He kissed me and I hid my face in his neck.