Chapter 22

*Hunter's POV*

I tried calling Stacey, but she sent me to her voicemail. I decided I should leave a voicemail, she probably won't answer my calls anyways. "Hey Stacey, It's Hunter. I was just calling to say that you were right and Shay and I were wrong. Gracelyn was just using Shay to get to you and it worked. Please come back, we will not let it happen again."

I hung up and sat my phone on the bed infront of me. I sighed and my phone buzzed. Shay's name lit up on the screen and I answered. "Hey, did she answer?"

"No, I left her a voicemail explaining everything tho." I told him.

"Let's just give it time, she will come around."

"Thanks." I said and ended the call. I sighed and glanced over at the picture of Stacey and I hanging on my wall. I can't believe she let.

I sent her a goodnight text then laid down and fell asleep. I didn't sleep to well that night, only maybe got like 2-3 hours of sleep. I'm so worried about Stacey being back home with her dad and everything that has happened in the past.

I can't help but worry. She has a bad history with these people and she went back there. I was the one that had to rescue her from them. She had my trust and everything, but I broke it. Shay broke it. I hate myself so much.

*Stacey's POV*

18 times, Hunter has called a total of 18 times now. Why, why? Why can't he just understand that I need my space? I listened to the voicemail he left me, Shay must have put him up to it. I texted Shay.

To Shay:
Please, leave me alone. I understand that you believe me now, but you want to know what hurts the most? You did not believe me when I first told you. You believed her. You are suppose to be my bestfriend, not betray me like that. Bye. Just give me my space.

I shut off my phone and got in the shower. It was 10 in the morning and I had plans to go out with my friend Megan. After I cleaned my body and washed my hair, I got out and wrapped the towel around my naked body. I brushed my teeth and blow dried my hair. I walked into my closest and looked for something to wear. I slipped on shorts and a Virginia Beach long sleeve shirt, with a net back.

I put my hair in a messy bun, with a bandana around it. I put on some make-up to cover up my bruises and abuse marks. I slipped on my black sandals and grabbed my phone off of the charger. I met Megan outside and we walked off to the mall.

Megan and I are both hoping this will help me get my mind off of Gracelyn and everything else. We walked around the mall and bought some clothes and other things. I'm not the big one of shopping, but I need to stop sitting around the house, it's not going to help with anything.