1. Stories Told to Me

So for this month, I made my main focus on writing a book with shorter chapters than my other ones. All my attention will be on this until it's done on the 31st of October.

     Tuesday, October 31st, 2017

     The tires of the red car screeched as it painfully pulled to a slow halt. Three pairs of eyes gazed out their windows at the house in particular. Dan, Will, and Woody slammed their car doors shut as they curiously got out. The three musicians looked to each other as they looked up at the cobwebbed and dark home that sat beyond the driveway. Cautiously, they continued up the wide, concrete path, each in turn staring at the gravestone that sat upon the short and freshly watered grass.

     When they reached the front door, Dan and Woody exerted the reluctant Will towards the doorbell. The thirty-four year old nervously looked back as his index finger slowly pressed down on the dried blood-covered button. Dongs and gongs dang out suddenly, as the sound of squeaking bats came out of nowhere. The three flinched back, ready to run from whatever lingered inside the house. Dan's blue eyes widened as the knob began to turn, and Will jumped back as the door slowly caved open.

     "N-no one's there..." Woody stuttered, a rare occurrence.

     "How's that possible?" Will turned his head both ways to get a look at Dan and Woody's expressions.

     "BOO!!!" a vampire jumped out from behind a blind spot.

     "AHHHHHHHHHH!!!" the trio of young musicians huddled into a group.

     "Haha!" the fanged man laughed hysterically. "Gotcha!"

     "You mother fucking cunt!" Woody sprang out and attacked the costumed keys player.

     "But it's Halloween!" he whined.

     "Mate," Will pinched his nose bridge. "It's 11 AM in the morning."

     "So?"

     "So get that fucking thing off of you before you embarrass yourself!" Dan hissed.

     Kyle rolled his red eyes before opening the front door wider for the rest of Bastille to enter his messy home. Not much different from when he and Janna were together, Dan thought to himself. Woody and Will relocated themselves to the living room, where two long couches sat, probably collecting dust. Both sat down and groaned in unison, as if they were old, in their eighties. Kyle went off upstairs to go change, not knowing two eyes were following him up the hard wood steps.

     Even his house's interior is decorated...Dan rolled his eyes before creeping behind Kyle into the master bedroom, ducking behind the bed as the sound of drawers opening and closing filled the room. The keyboardist hummed to one of Rationale's new songs, from his debut album Rationale. Dan recognized the tune as the one he helped to write, Into the Blue, he recalled. Young twenty-nine year old Kyle slumped his bottom onto the neatly made bed, slipping off the dreadfully long cape, then the rest of the costume.

     "So it's only getting harder, every time I gotta leave you, is that punching underwater," he softly sang. Kyle was considered the best singer after Dan, and fans had demanded for him to rap a song without Dan's vocals.

"BOO!" Dan aggressively lunged out from his hiding spot, shaking Kyle violently by his shoulders.

"EEEEEEEEEEEK!!!" Kyle shrieked, covering his bare chest with his shirt.

"Ha!" Dan smirked. "Payback," he simply said, before running downstairs.

     "Nice one!" Woods snickered as he and Dan did a loud high five.

     "Bully!" Kyle pointed at the lead singer before shaking his head and smiling.

     "Piss off," Dan cackled while wielding two middle fingers. "I have a story to tell you three."

     "Is it about that day where ten cats decided to cling to you for two days without letting go?" Will made a cheeky smile.

     "No..." Dan gave stern look at the bassist. "It's a ghost story."

     "Story time!" Woody cried like a primary school student.

     "Can I leave?" Kyle discreetly shuffled to the edge of the couch. "I'm not one to hear out these thing."

     "Nope!" Woody quickly got up from the second couch, slumping his heavy body into Kyle's lap.

     "Oi!" the keys player cried out. "Get off!"

     "Not until he tells the story!" Will whined.

     "Right," Dan began, rolling his eyes again at Kyle as he started the story. "On October 31st, 1984, four lads were dared to go to the abandoned house on Flamberg Avenue. The dare was to stay inside the home for ten hours without being taken by the Flaming Skull," he took a brief glance at Kyle, seeing that he was already trembling with fear.

     "What's the Flaming Skull?" Will queried.

     "A demon in which its skull is on fire," the singer answered. "So anyway, the four kids went inside at 9 PM that night, and they were all fortunate to have flashlights. However, they were also instructed to use an Ouija Board to try and speak to the Flaming Skull."

     "AN OUIJA BOARD?!" Woody looked astonished. "What happens next?"

     "Well, they somehow manage to summon something," Dan continued. "And one by one...they were brutally killed, burned to death by the demon. Only one lad survived, and he's still haunted by the horrifying skull that burns brightly to this day," the singer concluded with a hiss at the end.

     "Who's the survivor?" Woody whispered.

     "No one knows," Dan creepily gazed into everyone's eyes.

     "We should do the challenge!" Will suddenly bursted out in an adventurous tone.

     "No fucking way," Kyle frantically shook his head.

     "I'm up for it," Woody grinned, with Dan shadowing his action.

     "Argh!" Kyle rubbed his eyes in frustration. "Stop outnumbering me!"