16. Don't Listen

(11:36 PM)

Woah...Kyle went wide eyed at it. Dan was right.

     "Come forth." The fiery figure lifted their hand up and did the "come here" motion with its skeletal index finger.

     "Never," the young vampire hissed and accidentally backed into Dan's human leg, nearly leaping out of his skin with fright. Fuck...Kyle...man up!

     "Or else I will kill them," the figure emerged to be a skeletal man with a flaming skull, with black sockets that seemed to have no end but a demonic one.

     "Aha!" Kyle's eyes grew with a challenged expression. "So they are alive!"

     "Barely," the spirit murmured with a low growl. "Surrender your soul to me now, unless you want your friends to be forever erased from existence."

     "Ha!" Kyle scoffed and crossed his arms with sass, turning to a three-quarter angle. "You can try, but you'll never get me," he rolled his red eyes with ambition.

     "Then you leave me with no other choice."

     Kyle's curiously made him turn to see the Flaming Skull slowly disintegrating into three dark clouds of smoke and fire, with each having a set of glowing orange, demonic, evil, intimidating eyes that locked onto the target. One flew right past the keyboardist's face, forcing Dan's mouth open, trailing inside to consume the singer. Will's eyes illuminated with menacing eyes of pure fire, smoke lingering from his skin as it turned into a dusty grey. Kyle watched in shock and guilty fascination as the last smoky cloud inhabited Woody, turning the drummer into a man of fire and smoke, huffing with aggression as he sat up from the floor. The others did the same, and the three possessed band members stood slowly, all five of their eyes glowing from a bright orange, to a devilish red-blood toned with blinding light emitting from each.

     Before he knew it, Kyle's vampire speed sped him upstairs to a bedroom, hastily locking it before the vampire returned to a humanly speed known to man. He spotted the window, deciding that to be his first method of escape of the worst would happen. Suddenly, voices of deep ness were heard from the hall, and Kyle silently gulped as he smelled the strongly smoky odour, backing into the rustic closet as his vampire ears detected a threatening sound. Shit. He quietly eased into the tight space and waited in pitch black and silence, the only thing visible being, well, everything inside the shut closet. Kyle felt that was his only advantage- the heightened sense of sight, hearing and smell.

     I'm not going to bite them...even if I die...he told himself. Killing them isn't going to solve this, but I think that's what the ghost wants us to think...Maybe, I have to counter their attacks back at them to release the Flaming Skull?

     SLAM!

     SLAM!

     .....SLAM!

     "Fuck..." Kyle finally uttered out an inaudible word out of fear. The sound of the door being slammed clouded any sounds Kyle could possibly be making without knowing it.

     "We have to kill him," he heard Woody command the others.

     "No-arghhhhh!!!" Dan's voice screeched as he tried to fight off the spirit inside him.

     "I'll get us in," Will's monotone voice pierced the deadly atmosphere.

     No...don't you fucking dare...Kyle gritted his teeth. I swear, if Will uses his fucking CSI lock picking skills...

     CLICK.

     "Where is he?!" The possessed drummer's demonic voice boomed with violence. "Find him!!!"

     Kyle shuffled more into the corner of the dark side of the closet, not realizing that his body had started shrinking from the pressure of the sticky situation. It was only then when he had felt something contort into an unnatural position, that he finally made his eyes have the guts to look down at his arms, quietly jumping in shock at the brown and furriness that grew across his upper limbs. He choked after seeing his fingers transform into lengthy spindly fingerlike claws, and a set of wings that were starting to grow from the brown, thin limbs. When his eyes laid on a small snout, that was when he realized everything that was happening to him in the heat of the moment. I'm becoming a bat! And just in time too!

     The closet door violently slid open, thanks to Woody, and without a single thought, the vampire flew out in his newly flying mammal form. None of the guys know what the fuck was happening, not until Kyle starting attacking by air, a sole sky force up against giants like Dan, Woody, and Will. He had figured that the weakness of the Flaming Skull would be the exact same of an actual fire. Water. Kyle took trips to the toilet, in which the water inside seemingly didn't dry out yet. Desperately retrieving some mouthfuls, he continuously made trips back and forth to the bathroom and back, each time spraying one of his band mates with a splash of effective water.

     "Ouch!" Dan groaned as he collapsed to the floor, feeling an uncomfortable amount of water dripping into his empty black socket. "What the fuck?"

     "Help me!" Kyle squeaked at Dan as he hovered in front of the singer's face. "Water can free the demon thing from Woody and Will!"

     "On it!" Dan clumsily ran out of the room and down the stairs, recalling the bottles of water that Woody had in his backpack of survival necessities.

     "Don't do it!" Woody growled at the skeleton. "You'll kill him! And you know!"

     Dan worriedly hesitated to thrust the water at the drummer and bassist, but he felt a strong tap, turning to see a human-looking Kyle frowning back at him. I don't want to hurt them.

     "Do it, mate! Don't listen to that fucking demon! He just wants to still inside you guys to eat your souls and shit!"

     "Fine," Dan muttered and unleashed the liquid at both, equally distributing half to each band mate before he and Kyle watched them flop and twist, horrifying seeing a smoke figure rise from the two collapsed musicians.