10. Through Your Veins

(9:41 PM)
     "Okay..." Dan shut the door behind him began to breath in a panicked fashion. "We're all going to die..."

     "We're not going to die," Kyle tried to assure his band mates.

     "Maybe the Flaming Skull is too lazy to kill us?" Woody pondered. "I mean...killing four grown, adult men is pretty suspicious, not to mention risky."

     "Look at him!" Dan yelled and pointed at the vampire. "He's a fucking vampire!"

     I don't really mind, to be honest...Kyle silently shrugged.

"And what's Will going to be???"

Dan and Woody stopped their mini-argument as they turned to face Will, who had no fucking clue what was happening to him, and certainly nothing in his surroundings. So far, everyone deduced that only Kyle was affected because he was isolated from the group the most, but after Will's hands getting severe burns, no one was sure what to think anymore. There were only questions of the possibilities of whatever the bassist would run into. Maybe he'll be a zombie...Dan thought. I think he'll be a sexy ghost, the drummer internally smirked at his guess. If a vampire suited Kyle's personality, perhaps a wise ghost, or an intelligent zombie could fit within Will. But that was the very last thing that the costumed CSI wanted to think about. He didn't want to be turned into something out of this world.

     "Why can't we get out?" Will complained. "We're four, pasty, British musicians. If we can put our minds to it, I bet we can find a way out of here!"

     "Well, Mr. Logic," Kyle taunted the thirty-four year old. "How do you think we do that?"

     "Find a strong and blunt object and start stabbing it through one of the first floor windows."

     "Goddamn it..." Kyle hissed. "Fuck you," he bore his long fangs.

     "Hey," Dan scolded sternly. "We're not here to bite people."

     "Maybe you're not, but I feel hungry as fuck!"

     "Don't even think about it..." Will crossed his bare arms.

     "Fine." Kyle poured and closed his mouth.

     "Why the fuck do my hands feel so itchy?" The bassist confusedly stared down at his hands, both fully healed somehow. "Is that normal for burns to feel itchy?"

     "I think that's only when they get better?" Dan scratched his head and shrugged slightly.

"I dunno," Woody gazed. "I'm sure it's nothing- what the?"

"What? What?" Will frantically asked. "Did something happen?!"

"Mate, your arms!"

"What?!" The costumed CSI shrieked as he spotted a blue glow through his skin- right where his veins were. "What's this?!"

"He's glowing like I did!" Kyle gasped. "But it's his hands and veins!"

"Thank you, Captain Obvious!" Dan gritted through his teeth. "Don't you fucking think that we would know that already?!"

"Why the fuck are my hands glowing all blue?!"

"I-I don't know?!" Everyone panicked and started to pace around, all trying to find cell phone signal to Google Will's bizarre condition.

"Eeeeeeeeek!!!" The keyboardist screamed and snatched Will's fake CSI tools, hurling them across the living room. "Your gadgets were fucking moving!"

"No fucking way!" Woody cried.

"Yes way!" Kyle nodded frantically as everyone breathed heavily with fear, staring at the chain of metal tools sitting on the rotting floor beside a small lamp table.

"Holy fuck!" Dan jumped. "They moved!" he backed into the wall as the fake gadgets began to shift and slide around on the floor. "What's happening?!"

"My hands stopped glowing!"

"You think something happened to you? Maybe you got a super power?" Kyle faced his band mate.

"I-I...Dan?" Will stopped abruptly and gave a perplexed stare at the singer. He was blankly staring at the dark hall, no emotion whatsoever inside his blue orbs. Dan looked completely dead, and the half skeletal side of him added to the eeriness.

     "Hey!" Kyle sternly yelled at his mate as he began to take slow strides past the living room, into the long and dark hallway. "Come back! We have to figure out what's happening with Will!"

     "You don't want to get burned, right?" Dan creepily whispered back as his dark shape disappeared into the shadows.

"Burn? The fuck is he talking about?" Woody crossed his arms in a confused manner. "Shit, is he possessed?!" his eyes prominently grew wide.

"No shit," Will muttered as he flipped his hands back and forth to see if there were any differences in skin tone, or if there were any marks embedded in his skin. "Do you guys see this?" he pointed to the bright blue, almost neon, that flowed through his arm. These were definitely his veins, but what had happened with his hands? They didn't seem affected in any way, perhaps it was an invisible power that he had gained.

"Yeah..." Woody and Kyle's words faded out as the three men's attention was directed to the metal tools sitting in a different spot on the living room floor, this time at the mouth of the hall.

"H-how did those get there?" Kyle stammered.

"I don't know..." Will slowly approached his costume's accessories, picking them up, then panicking and dropping him again. "HOLY SHIT!"

"Your hands!" Woody screamed. "Your fucking tools are haunted!"

"They're fucking moving down the hall!"

     "Then let's follow them!!!" Kyle said and slowly trailed the moving chain.

     "Let's just go see if Dan's okay," Will tapped Woody and followed the vampire. And with no other alternative, the drummer reluctantly gave in, running down the hallway to catch up with Kyle and Will.

     "BABY BLUE, BLUE BABY..."

     "What the fuck?" everyone exchanged worried looks as they pressed their ears against the door.

     "Open it!" the keyboardist hissed at the "CSI".

     "I can't!" Will muttered. "It's locked!"