11. I Can See a Change

(10:08 PM)

     "Baby blue, blue baby, baby blue, blue baby, baby blue, blue baby-"

     THUD.

     Will, Kyle, and Woody turned to face each other and gave faces of sheer horror. They had heard Dan mutter something along the lines of "Baby Blue, Blue Baby" about thirteen times before it abruptly ended. The thud they heard was terrifying and blood curdling, and the three of them had no clue what the thud was, making this even more nerve-wrecking. Kyle just knew that his best friend had gotten possessed after walking off alone to the bathroom of the house. And Will? Well, he had no clue if he had been affected in any way with dark magic from the entities of the home. At the moment, his CSI tools were violently shaking on the wooden floorboards, a hacker key in particular.

     "Your hands are glowing again!" Woody pointed out.

     Suddenly, knowledge flushed through his mind as he being down, against his band mates' words, picking up the set of ten tools, and taking off the glimmering hacker key.

     "Willy?" Kyle poked his mate in the back. "You okay?"

     "Yeah," the bassist softly replied as his hands slowly inserted the key into the hole, carefully jiggling around to try and unlock the door.

     "GIVE ME BACK MY BABY!!!"

     "Woah!" Woody jumped back.

     "What the fuck?!" Kyle swallowed fearfully. "That sounded like a fucking woman!"

     "It was!" Will gasped, now violently shaking the knob with the key still inside he slot, gasping again once a click was heard.

     "It's open!" he cried, using all his force to kick the door open with a bang.

     "DAN!" Kyle screamed and fell to his knees. "SPEAK TO ME, MATE!"

     "It's that fucking game!" Woody growled and began to slap the singer's bare arm. "The thing he was chanting! My friends used to play it in uni!"

     "The baby thing?" Will raised an eyebrow.

     "Yeah! It's called Blue Baby Blue," the drummer said quickly. "You chant baby blue, blue baby thirteen times and supposedly a ghost baby will form in your arms, but you have to flush it down the toilet," he explained, this time slapping Dan's face as well.

     "W-what happens if one doesn't flush it down the toilet...?" Will asked, already knowing the answer, as it was too obvious to him.

     "The mother pops up in the mirror and-"

     Woody immediately stopped when he realized the truth of the game. He couldn't believe it, but Dan may have actually been murdered by a spirit.

     "No, no, no, no, no, no, no!" Kyle teared up when Woody stopped slapping Dan. He too knew exactly why. "Guys! We can't lose hope on him now!"

     "But he's gone, Kyle."

     FIZZZZZZZZZZ...

     "Is that the sound of...burning?" Will was suddenly taken aback by the strange sound.

     "Ouch!" Woody hissed when his leg brushed up against Dan's arm. "He's burning up!"

     "Holy fucking hell!" the vampire screeched. "Dan's fuckin' alive! Look at his fucking skin!" he cried with joy.

     "What the fuck?" both musicians stood with their backs to the doorway, ready to run if Dan was to resurrect as an undead skeleton man.

     "K-K-Ky?" he blinked a few times, eyeing at his best friend, who was worriedly hovering over him.

     "Dan! You're okay!" the keyboardist sobbed and lunged into the singer, now sitting up from all the confusion. "I thought you died!"

     "Wha-why?!" Dan groaned as he felt a strong ache rock his head.

     "Blame Woody for that," the vampire hissed and shot a red-eyed glare at the drummer. "He told me that you died."

     "Hey! Don't pin it all on me!"

     "Don't reference our fucking songs," Dan grumbled and rubbed his temples, tracing right around a blister burn before the others could stop him. Kyle gulped and inched back as his best friend's eyes widened in horror.

     "D-don't freak out..."

     "DUDE, I'M FREAKING OUT!" Dan cried. "This ain't normal, mate!"

     "W-well, Will kinda gained a new super power?" Kyle sheepishly smiled, gazing at his band mate's hand.

     "Oh-oh yeah!" The bassist realized. "I think I've become a real CSI man! For some reason I know how to use all these tools!"

     "B-but..." Dan frowned and stared down depressingly. "That means...I'll be a man with half his skin off..."

     "Shit..." Will worriedly nibbled at his fist. "I hadn't thought of that..."