7. True?

(8:35 PM)

"Mate!" Kyle's brown eyes snapped open as he felt a sting in his cheek.

"Huh?" he blinked, seeing his band mates kneeling over him.

"You alright?" Dan grabbed Kyle's hand and pulled the keyboardist into a sitting position.

"What happened?" the twenty-nine year old tilted his head.

"You collapsed inside the closet or something!" Woods exclaimed.

"No way!" his mouth dropped.

"You don't remember?" Will raised an eyebrow.

"Oh wait..." Kyle froze, and bitter silence grew between the four men. "I was playing Blame and I started dancing around, but when I went near this bedroom, something pulled my wrist, and I got dragged into the closet..."

     "Fuckin' hell..." Dan muttered. "Something is here with us," he cautiously looked around the bedroom.

"Then we should go!" Kyle yelled. "Who's with me?"

Both the drummer and the bassist looked hesitantly at the skeleton singer, then back at Kyle. Two hands shot up in the air to Dan's dismay, and with three against one, the South London native had two choices: he could just give in and get out with the rest of the band, or he could be that lone ranger who stays behind for the sake of thrill and adventure. Either way, Kyle was leaving, and he quickly walked out of the room, with everyone else following him closer as they felt the eerie silence return in the atmosphere.

"We've given up now, haven't we?" the vampire taunted Dan.

"Fuck off," the singer shoved the keyboardist and reached out to grab the door knob.

But it wouldn't turn. That was the only problem of Kyle's plan of leaving. Instead, just as Dan's hand eased around the rusted metal, a force began to shake the knob violently, causing the singer to let go in fear of whatever was there. You guys are wimps, Will scoffed as he moved in front of Dan. The bassist stared down at the door knob, ignoring the peculiar dot of red that laid in the centre. Will's hand slowly wrapped around the loose metal, and he tried to look away as his hand squeezed the knob, turning it slowly before he scared everyone shitless with a loud screech of pain that came from his mouth.

     "Woah! Mate!" Dan yelled as Will fell to the rotting floor, using his body to hug his right hand.

     "Ah, it burns!" the thirty-four year old cried.

     Burn? That's like me...Kyle nervously thought.

     "Lemme see your hand," the lead singer attempted to pry the bassist's hand away from him.

      Holy fuck.

     Dan nearly gagged with disgust as he tried to look at Will's burned hand. Blood oozed out from small cuts, but what made Dan cringe the most, were the yellow blisters that bubbled in groups along Will's palm. To Dan's horror, some of the blisters were still forming, growing right before his terrified eyes. He wanted to avoid letting Woody and Kyle peek, but already, it was too late to even think of that. Dan's ears heard the keyboardist and drummer behind him, making sounds of disgust and displeasure. Then he looked back to the fake CSI's hand, gasping loudly at the mass of blisters and swelling.

     "Is it bad?" Will asked with his eyes closed tight.

     "Err...umm..." Dan stammered, looking up and thinking of what to respond with.

     "No!" Will cried as Dan looked back down quickly to see the bassist staring at his blister-covered hand. "My hand!"

"It's gonna be okay..." the singer attempted to hush the panicking bassist. "We'll take you to a hospital...if we escape..." Dan said the last part quietly.

"This shit is real..." Will blinked back tears as he sat up. "And I thought you three were fucking with my head."

"Of course it is!" Kyle rolled up his baggy sleeves to show the red marks inflicted just an hour earlier. "We have to fucking leave."

"And how do we do that?" Woody crossed his arms. "Did you not see what happened to Will?"

"But if we don't leave now, you and Dan will be next," Kyle said. He wasn't wrong.

"Then let's look for window to jump out of," Will flinched. "The pain is numbing now."

     "Okay..." Dan eased himself away from the bassist. "If you say so."

     "Found one!" Woody cried with victory. "Let's go, boys!"

     THUMP!

     "What the fuck?!" Kyle perked up. "Did you guys hear-"

     "All the windows shut at the exact same time..." Will gasped in shock.

     "We're trapped," Dan simply said. "And the Flaming Skull has yet to wreak havoc on us."

     It's true...